• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble creating PDF from PS

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I'm trying to create a PDF from mulitple image files in Photoshop via Automate.  I've done this before and it has worked.  Now when I do it, I'm getting the error messages

Unable to include 1 file(s) because they are not image files, are too large, or are PDF files not created by Photoshop.

Cannot create a PDF Presentation with no images.  (But there are images)

PDF Presentation was cancelled.

Thanks in advance!  I have no idea what to do and see nothing on the web for this issue.

Morgan 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

What type of files are you using? If you do have large psd files, it's best to move all the files you want to use into another folder, and flatten them, and maybe size them down, so PS doesn't freeze. I had to do that with a PDF presentation that I was making.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of files are you using? If you do have large psd files, it's best to move all the files you want to use into another folder, and flatten them, and maybe size them down, so PS doesn't freeze. I had to do that with a PDF presentation that I was making.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. I've created huge files somehow. I'm self taught whichI should really rectify. I think when I created my template, I may have inadvertently made selections (like 32-bit) in which each background is about 70 MB. My actual images which I am placing on the background are only about 3-4 MB. I'm doing this for a self published book written by my mother. Do you have a recommendation on changing the file settings so that the files are smaller but will still print ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found where to change it to 16-bit but honestly, I'm not even really sure what this means. It did reduce the file size by about 30 MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean the choices on the Image > Mode menu, the bits there are about how much tonal detail you can store, per channel, in a pixel. In the real world: If you shoot a JPEG photo with your camera it will have 8 bits per channel; 8bpc is the most widely used and a typical setting for a family or small business project. Professionals might edit at 16bpc for more quality, but those files are twice as big. 32bpc is the least commonly used, mostly for extremely wide dynamic range images like HDR, CGI scenes in Hollywood, etc.

For your mother's book, 32bps is way out there, 16bpc is probably still a bit much, and 8bpc is probably just right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frankly, I would just select all the files, run them through Image Processor to cut the size down and flatten them into a new folder, then make the pdf. It's another step, but pretty easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was searching for a solution for the same problem, I found that this option called "Compatibility" can be the solution if you choose a more recent version like Acrobat 9/10 (PDF 1.7+)

Hope it can be helpful to others.

WaseemDabbas_1-1674837491299.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines