• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble exporting indexed colour with transparent background

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a design to print on the back of a jumper. However I want to limit the colours using indexed colour to give it a slightly vintage look. I make sure to tick transparency to allow a transparent rear layer. And after using indexed colour it is all merged into one locked layer with a transparent background, however the moment I go to export it as a png it has a solid white background no matter if I click the transparency option in the export menu. Any help is much appreciated

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There might be a bug with File > Export > Export As, because the transparency of an indexed color document seems to be preserved properly if exported to PNG using File > Save a Copy (with Format set to PNG), or using File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy). So the last two commands are other ways to get it done.

The other thing that works is converting the indexed color document to RGB color before choosing File > Export > Export As. I’m just wondering here, but maybe it’s related to indexed color GIF not really using a true 8-bit alpha channel but only assigning one of 256 colors to be transparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines