• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to convert PSD(Photoshop) files to PPT (Powerpoint) and make the editable in powerpoint

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

I have a PC running microsoft 365  personal OS with with newest microsoft office and powerpoint as part of the package. In addition, I have adobe cloud, with the most up to date photoshop. 

My question is this, I have PSD files that I am trying to move in to powerpoint files so that my colleagues can work with them and edit them etc in powerpoint. The files are native to and have been created in PSD originally. 

The trouble i am having is that I can export my files and convert my files in to powerpoint, but then it only does so as an image, and so it is not editable, and can not be worked with. I have spoken to adobe support and they said to come here, they try their own fix, but did not work as it says user cancelled action even though i did not. 

I would appreciate any help you can give. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Powerpoint has no tools for working with layered image files so you will not be able to edit PSDs in Powerpoint.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How complex are the layouts? 

Why are you and your colleagues using different programs? 

The trouble i am having is that I can export my files and convert my files in to powerpoin

I fail to see ppt as an export option in Photoshop so which format do you export to exactly? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying, 

the layouts are not that complex, although do involve several layers in photoshop. We are using different programs because of our differing proficiencies. They are much better in powerpoint than photoshop. 

I normally export to Adobe DC so in to pdf format directly. So i use photoshop to edit, and then move to pdf. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you export a pdf from Photoshop, open it in Acrobat and export a ppt from that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally i file-Save As- photoshop pdf- open directly in adobe dc

I have tried to export in to ppt but then cant work with the powerpoint as it exports it as image only without layers etc 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots of the image in Photoshop with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Are there Type Layers, Shape Layers, … or just »plain« pixel Layers? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of it is confidential, but have posted here what I can. layers.pngtoolbar.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DragoniGG wrote:

I have adobe cloud, with the most up to date photoshop. ... I would appreciate any help you can give. 

Since you have Adobe Photoshop, is there a reason you are not making the edits there? It's made for the use (so to speak) while Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft PowerPoint are not. You can choose "Edit With > Adobe Photoshop" from Adobe Acrobat, but you will not be working on the original and you will be working on a flat file.

The best way to edit the layered image is with Adobe Photoshop since you already have it. Can you tell us why this is not working for you?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do what you want. I realize that some people who only know Office will use Excel or Powerpoint as a graphics and layout program but you can't edit a PSD file in Powerpoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nor, with no colour management, is it a good application for graphics where colour matters.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two completely different worlds that don't go well together. At best you can try to export separate layers as PNGs using Export for Screen & Devices and reassemble them in PPT, but that is pretty much it. In the past your could open PSDs to a limited degree in MS Designer and copy & paste stuff from there to PPT, but apparently MS has long cancelled this product.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines