• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TURN OFF 'TIME TO UPDATE' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Explorer ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys please, somebody help me or I will sell it all and go live on countryside raise chickens. ADOBE!!!!! I KNOW what I have installed! I AM AWARE of the updates. I REFUSE to do it, because your newest updates often ... DONT help. I usually wait 1-2 rounds before I will try it. 

Please, how do I turn that most annoying warning off, so I can retouch and make money so I can pay for the Adobe products. Thank you all.

Macbook Pro

Photoshop 25.9.0

Ventura 13.6.3 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can uncheck Update Notifications in the Creative Cloud Desktop App. Restart Ps to be sure.

Hope that works and mark the answer as correct if it does. It will help others with the same issue.

Screen Shot 2024-05-21 at 6.23.26 PM.png

Before you go ahead, System Settings > Notifications looks like this (Monterey OS):

Screen Shot 2024-05-21 at 7.30.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-05-21 at 6.18.54 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for this tip! tho - don't have the creative cloud there in the notifications

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok then, let's hope unchecking "App Updates" solves. Just to be sure, are you running beta 25.9 or the newly released 25.9?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a full month since the last release version update, so it sounds like you are using the beta version.  There is no option to ignore updates with the beta version, because they are time limited and will stop working. We do get a few days though, so you can ignore the update till a convenient time.  The beta version is probably not a good fit for a user who wants an issue free Photoshop experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

absolutely accepting this. the thought behind this was - wanted to try beta, was happy with it, kept working with it. will try the no beta latest version. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The beta is for bug testing. There is absolutely zero point in testing for bugs in an obsolete build. Hence the nagging, which seems entirely justified.

If you don't want to be interrupted in your work, don't use the beta; use the regular production version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! i was happy with that version so i kept using it. more of you wrote me to keep using the regular version for 'serious' work. it's true. but still - having any warning window that is not close-able is .... little out there. 'ok, i accept your warning, i decide to ignore it, adios, close it, keep on working' 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just updated to the General release v25.9 which came out today. That's why I didn't suspect he was using a Beta version which seems risky for a work machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i kept looking for a version that was fast in photoshop / bridge combo. the bridges are an issue as well, i dont dwell on 'what version number is it'... it's pure workflow. is it not slow? will keep using it, i don't investigate further. but thank you for all your input guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines