Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turning life into art

May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about 100 landscape photos that I want to turn into paintings. I want a set of instructions created to separate a these landscape images into layers by color.  Each image would have a different set of colors depending on the content.  I envision 20 or so  layers, so there might be a problem with memory. This (following) is as far as I got so far. 

1. Open document

Zoom till image fills screen

1. Create new Layer from background
  2. Click on new layer > layer properties > name layer
  3. Select color range
    1. Black matte ?
    2. Fuzziness (132 / image / black matte)
  4. Create new layer from cut
  5. Name new layer

When I do this and turn on all the layers (except background, but including ‘new layer from background’) the results seem to be missing pixels.(parts of the image)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a matter of interest, can you post examples of the sort of "paintings" you have in mind?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I can't because I don't know how to do it. I can attach the current

image I am working on - only one of a hundred or so.

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 4:21 PM, davidc1815 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cut will cut the pixels the color range selected pixels from the converted background layer.  If you do not want to cut these pixels  use Copy and Paste to create color range layer or Layer via copy not CUT paste or layer via cut..

I would expect color range selection would involve transparence or feathering or antialiasing etc.  New laver via cut I could easily see rounding causing some color loss. 

Here I did a triangle selection and feathered the selection 50px. Then did new layer via copy. The Result did not surprise me.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines