• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tutorial for Photographic Toning in Gradient panel?

Explorer ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to do an old tutorial for using photograhic toning. It appears these now work differently to how they worked when the tutorial was written. If I have a B&W image open and click on one of the presets such as selenium, nothing happens to the image. What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your B&W image has a Greyscale color profile, change it to RGB Color under Image>Mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally found some tutorials on this on youtube. Strange that Adobe don't have any tutorials on it.

After messing around with it for a while I honestly can't see why you would bother when the same result can be obtained by going into duotone mode with a limitiless colour pallete to choose from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no one knows what you're talking about because there's no color effect called "it". Are you asking about Gradient Mapping? Once you learn how to use them, GradMaps have 100x more control than duotone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time I've had a reply on these forums with an "attitude". "It" refers to a tutorial (or lack thereof) with regards to photograghic toning in the gradient panel. I'm sure you are right, there probably are more controls using gradient panel but it's strange that Adobe provides no tutorials on this feature (photograghic toning), thank goodness for Youtube! Maybe you should have read the entire thread before replying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're saying that there are no Gradient Map tutorials available anywhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines