• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tweening multiple layers in the timeline all at once.

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do gif solar animations. Starting with perhaps 20-40 images in a stack, I create a frame animation in the timeline. To smooth out the transitions between frames, I tween them. This is a tedious task doing the pairs of frames one pair at a time. And there is always possiblity of errors, which causes me to start over. 😞

I recall that I could tween all layers at once, but can't remember how that was done. Advise on how to do this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Eric

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to go to the Timeline panel menu (the hamburger menu in the upper right of the Timeline panel) and select Tween. In the Tween dialog, you can set the Tween to be between a few different options in the dropdown menu and set the number of frames that you want to add as well as some additional options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myra,

That works when tweening between two frames and is the method I use now. But this can get a bit tedious when you have 100 frames to tween. What I would like to do is tween between all frames in the timeline all at once. And I swear that I was able to do this many years ago, but not now.

It may be I just forgot how this was done, or maybe Adobe changed something that prevents all frame tweening. I am hoping that it is the former and not the later. And that's why I posted this question,

Hoping for the best.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it was Photoshop?

Could have been buit into one of the animation extensions?  Note some are video and some frame animation.

image.png

If it is possible natively in Photoshop, then I'd try selecting multiple frames in the Timeline, and clicking on Tween.  I had a feeling it would be greyed out if you tried it, but I just tested and you can do it.

Nope.  I took the test a bit further, and while I was able to click on Tween, I was not able to add frames.

If it was a while ago, could it have been Flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a few years ago. Probably Photoshop 6. And it was just the ordinary tweening with all the frames selected. I remember it clearly. I have tried to contact Adobe about this with no reply. So much for software upgrades.

there still must be a way to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might ask on the video forums if this is a feature of After Effects or Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines