• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type layer slows down whole photoshop - Selecting, Transforming and scrolling fonts

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic was discussed in 2017. We are i almost 2022 and still there is no fix for that. Creating any text layer slows down whole program. Searching for fonts through list is a tragedy. Selecting text layer is lagging
Adobe please do something with that.

1. Version 23.0 - but like i said it's been over 3 years...
2. Windows 10
3. Create a text layer, paste some text (better more than less) in to it.
4. Expected result: i'd like to work with the same speed as always. Actual result: Everything is lagging.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look earlier in this thread, I posted a video that shows the huge difference in how the fonts behave and lag...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen that. However, that does not happen on my side.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What resolution(s) are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4k or 2k. Both work fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has everyone posting here followed these troubleshooting steps?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[ removed by moderator], i cant find nothing to solve this, and its really anoying. I just cant work like this. PLSSSSS, someone solve?

(photoshop totally lagging on text free transform)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is annoying.  I resorted to just making my text layers in Illustrator and copy/pasting into Photoshop.

Really, Photoshop would do well to treat the fonts as vectors until if/when applied as a raster layer.  It's frustrating for sure.  The performance in Photoshop is extremely slow with fonts.  I don't understand why they can't remedy this fairly easily.  Perhaps there is a good reason but I have yet to come across it.

Adobe please fix! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, Adobe don't givepls [cursing removed by moderator] about it. They only focus on AI features forgetting about basics. Photoshop is colossus with feet of clay. I wish someone create "figma for raster image". Affinity is ok, but just ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, the worst part,its ot even using the gpu power. like literally 0%. the fans no even turn on. Prolly its a simplepls [cursing removed by moderator] bug/lag, wich destroys the entire workflow on ps. Ill contact suport till they solve it. we're paying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

prin gpiu.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What makes you think that using the GPU get's better performance? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's just a coding issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, i thought the graphics card supposed to take care of graphics apps like photoshop, but in not an expert.The GPU is way more powerful than the cpu graphics, so i thought that was obvious.

Anyway, is obvius to me, that is an sofware issue, cuz the graphic card is not even turning on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Paulo5E04

It would be interesting to get a test file from you, with the problem. Your system is heavily overqualified for the file you're showing. There should not be a big issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know for me, it happens on every file.  The files I work with are all about 5000x5000px 8bit.  Anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it doesn't happen for all of us, it must be something specific to your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system is heavily overqualified as well, which makes it mysterious.  Not a lack of capability.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i guess must be something on software, cuz gpu is not even turning on. Or the hardware parts no matching how it supposed to be, i guess. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines