• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typefaces

New Here ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to delete some typefaces but every time I try, it says that they cannot be uninstalled beacause it is a prostected system font.What is my solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Protected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what fonts are you trying to uninstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Larisa5E15 

This is not a Photoshop question. Typefaces are stored on your system and are available through your applications. You have not said if you are on macOS or Windows or which version of either.

As an example, if you are trying to delete the Noto typefaces in Catalina, you can't. See this on the Apple forums:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250770888

Also, any typeface that is used by the system is protected and cannot be deleted.

One thing you can do in Photoshop as a workaround is to make all of the typefaces you want to use "Favorites", then filter to "Favorites". This will at least hide the typefaces you can't delete.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines