• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typing font name into font search doesn't appear with first letter (CC 2019)

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The font name I typed into the search box doesn't appear with its first letter: It shows me the font in which that letter is in the word.

For example, when I type "w" to search for a font that starts with the letter "w", it takes me to the "A.V.C.Wide..." font, even though I want it to sort the fonts that start with "w".

This happens with all fonts. When I search only for a letter, I want to see only the font names that start with that letter.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of windows and exact version of photoshop 2019, which can be found in

photoshop by going to Help>System Info and looking at the top line for the Adobe Photoshop Version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.10 20200706.r.120 2020/07/06: 1208496 x64
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Version: 10 or greater 10.0.19041.2913

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dilay5E6E 

This is not a bug so I've moved your post to discussions. If you enter any part of a typeface, Adobe filters to all typefaces with those letters. Try "bold", "pro", "black", "italic", etc. It's a wonderful feature that I use all the time.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not about these feature and I believe it's still a bug or a problem to be developed.
The problem is about sorting the searched font name by whether it is found in the word or not, not alphabetically.
For ex: I type the font name that starts with "r" in the search but it shows me the font name "arial" instead of the font name "Rajdhani". I want to see only the font names that start with that letter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...instead of the font name "Rajdhani". I want to see only the font names that start with that letter.

By @Dilay5E6E

Try typing several letters instead of just one, such as "raj" or "jdh" to filter to Rajdhani.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, that's why this a problem that consuming my time. I can't even use the arrow keys properly to choose fonts because of this bug. It is not practical at all, also why do i have to memorize the name of the fonts i'm looking for...
this problem should have been solved years ago or at least offered as an option from settings to the user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the way I work, I would be equally annoyed if typing "pro" only showed typefaces that begin with "pro" and did not contain "pro" somewhere in the name. 😊

You might put in a feature request to allow wildcards in the filter, so that "r*" would list all typefaces that begin with "r" — or that we can opt for one way or the other through a button or checkbox. Start a new thread and tag it as an Idea instead of Discussion.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After testing some other photoshop versions, it appears that's been the norm since photoshop cc 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.
So, there is no solution yet? Or any setting to change this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines