Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typing issues

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, i have the problems with typing in Photoshop CC 2019

I am using Georgian to type something but instead of showing symbols, it shows boxes with X in them, there was not an issue in the Photoshop CC 2018, can you help me please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

I would reset the Photoshop font cache as per Sahils link solution #6  and if solution 7 does not work you can in win 10 https://winaero.com/blog/rebuild-font-cache-windows-10/

https://winaero.com/blog/rebuild-font-cache-windows-10/

Are you using and English version fo Photoshop, is this font one of the foreign language fonts for the Georgian Russian language?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the font work in other programs?

What foundry is this font come from, did you purchase, download a free font?

What OS are you on?

How are you loading this font?

Is this font old new type 1, opentype, truetype?

Have you tried resetting your font cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you're not able to use the font, could you please let us know where have you downloaded the Georgian font from?

The box with the X in it appears when there isn't a glyph mapped to that Unicode character (U+0259) in the particular font. I suggest you examine the entire glyph set for the fonts you're trying to use.

You might to take a look at this article too: Troubleshoot fonts issues in Adobe Photoshop CC, 2015, 2014, CS6, CS5

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Win10 october 2018 update, The font works in other programs, but the problem is not in the font, even with default photoshop fonts this problem is here only with typing in Georgian.

No problem in 2018 version, loading font with standart installer, truetype outline, free, have reseted cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would reset the Photoshop font cache as per Sahils link solution #6  and if solution 7 does not work you can in win 10 https://winaero.com/blog/rebuild-font-cache-windows-10/

https://winaero.com/blog/rebuild-font-cache-windows-10/

Are you using and English version fo Photoshop, is this font one of the foreign language fonts for the Georgian Russian language?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems there are lots of fonts in the Georgian font family.

Is the font your trying to use actually named Georgian?

If the font was free do you have a link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually checked the first post where you provided a screenshot and a sample of the Georgian text you wanted to paste. I have no idea why your first question did not show up, but I do have an answer.

First understand when pasting Georgian into Photoshop via the Type Tool, you must select a font that supports Georgian inside Photoshop.

It's called Dejavue Sans

I got this TrueType Font from here: https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/list/language/georgian

Install it, restart Photoshop, select the installed Georgian Dejavue font and then paste the Georgian text.

Additional info: I use the East Asian Text Engine (Edit >Preferences > Type and choose East Asian instead of Middle East).

I'm using MacOS 10.13.6, CC 2019 (20.0.4) not Windows.

So if my advice doesn't help, supply the text again and see if a Windows 10 user here can supply better information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for helping me!

I have reset font cache once more and it worked like a charm.

Now everything is cool, thanks guys, u made my day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! For my part you are welcome.

The free fonts is they can have poor coding or just used an already taken FOND ID number. Most apps now recognize font by the exact name so the FOND ID should not be a problem as in the past. Best thing you can do to avoid this happening again is disable any fonts you do not use, less chance of corruption conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines