Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import .mov or import .mp4 files into Photoshop v23.5.3

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 23.5.3 | mac OS 11.7.1 | 

I have followed the forums, but still no joy. Any solutions out there gratefully received. Paul

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @F14Tomcat I was able to open it (Windows 10, Photoshop 24.0.1 Release). It's not the file that has problems. Is there a reason you haven't been able to update to the latest version?

JEL_0-1669138481583.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting in touch. I have a late 2015 Mac, but I can't upgrade the OS to Monteray because of the processor/graphics. I am not 100% sure I can go to the v24 photoshop? or if it will make any difference to the outcome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood. It may or may not make a difference but this could have to do with Monterey. Are you using Big Sur or Catalina? Are you unable to open any type of video file in the Photoshop version you are running? Were you ever able to open video files with your current system? Can you open video files using any other app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything was absolutely fine up to yesterday. I have been importing .mov and .mp4 files in v21 v22 in Catalina. Now they aren't recognised as file types and wont import or open from photoshop. Something has changed the way Photoshop is seeing them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. And you've made no other changes to Photoshop or your system? Did you try manually resetting your Preferences? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded to Big Sur, but now my Adobe programs feel like they are running in treacle. Still the same issue. The files work fine in itunes and quicktime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not as yet, but I will give it a shot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heh, slow as molasses, I take it. Dang, I'm sorry to hear it. I am not sure that I can assist you from this point, other than trying a Preferences reset. There are lots of macOS people here, so hopefully one of them will come in with more ideas for you. Fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, prefs no change : (  still no joy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time and support! have a great evening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, so the situation has got a bit more interesting, after moving files around and resaving from quicktime for pos. solutions. I now appears Photoshop will only open the .mov or .mp4's on the mac itself (desktop or dropbox). Anything on an attached server or HDD, not so.  But it will open all other file types (.jpg, tif, eps, png etc,) wherever they are. At least I have a short term solution by moving all my video content from servers, but not ideal. No ideas, so anyone who has any idea of the selective permissions or identifying issues. Please feel free to comment.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, that's good to know. Thanks for coming back to explain for anyone else running into the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines