• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UNCOMMON Problem with CTRL SHIFT ALT E

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe someone is going to help me with a recent problem i got in Photoshop.

When i use CTRL+ SHIFT+ ALT+ E the image i get doesnt look the same as the picture shown before. I lose Black deepness, some Highlights~ and on highlights, i get a little desaturation. The problem is this step is needed or i am not able to convert from adobe rgb to srgb. so please note that at this point CONVERSION HAS STILL NOT BEEN MADE. I work in Adobe RGB, 16 bit, my VG is a GTX 1080, i7 6700k 32gb ram, windows enterprise 10 LTSC.

I triend many alternatives, nothing did work. i am also going to say that basilar things like '' did u select the upper/last layer? '' wont help since i am no beginner 🙂

This is tedious since its totally destroying my photography workflow and time for clients.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

"at 100% i dont see the difference."

Well then, that's it. No mystery, question answered. Don't make the mistake of thinking the preview is right and the file "saves wrong". It's the other way round. The preview is unreliable and the file saves correctly.

Always view at 100% to check. We all do it. We may not like it, but it's the way it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have a noisy or "binary" image, and you're not viewing at 100%.

For performance reasons, adjustment previews are calculated based on on-screen zoom ratio.

If there are sharp pixel-level transitions in the image, you need one image pixel represented by exactly one screen pixel. Otherwise you get blurring and softening - and suddenly you have a lot of intermediate values that aren't really there. This is what your adjustment appears to work on, but the final full-size calculation doesn't.

So, to get reliable previews, you must view at 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i also noticed this. at 100% i dont see the difference. But when i save the file the difference is there. I tried to save the file , with SRGB and another one with adobe AdobeRGB. That difference is still there.. now at 100% also. i am using a 1440p BENQ monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it something in my Adobe Settings? Im gonna attach them.

clipboard_image_0.pngCOLOR SETTINGS

clipboard_image_1.pngCONVERSION SETTINGS

I also tried to flatten with no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are seeing a difference at 100% zoom before and after the merge, try checking "Use Legacy Compositing" in Preferences Performance. Restart Photoshop and retest your file. Do you still see it?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"at 100% i dont see the difference."

Well then, that's it. No mystery, question answered. Don't make the mistake of thinking the preview is right and the file "saves wrong". It's the other way round. The preview is unreliable and the file saves correctly.

Always view at 100% to check. We all do it. We may not like it, but it's the way it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines