Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Understanding the app.batch method is CS2 JS scripting

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2013 Jun 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a press officer in a fairly busy press office and I'm trying to automate my image-processing workflow for the images we put on our website...So far I've been using photoshop's (CS2) batch command to do this but it's not as performant as I would like it to be.

For each of the pictures I have I need to produce

- 'large'(1024px wide),

- 'frontpage'(240px wide),

- 'rollup'(85px wide) versions.

I put all my original pictures in a source folder and the processed ones go to a destination folder. The only problem I've got is that I need to run the batch command three times for each format, plus photoshop asks me for JPEG options for each picture, so I can't really press a button and get away from my work station..

So I've looked into scripting in javascript and have managed to automate some of my sipmle tasks but what I need to do here (producing images in three different formats with a specific file naming conventions) is obviously complicated.

Now, reading the CS2 javascrip reference guide, I found that the app.batch method and all the options that go along with it (destinationFolder, fileNaming especially) might be what I'm looking for. The only problem is that i can't seem to find any examples (I've spent the last week searching) to help me using that method...

Can anyone share an example of how you use this method so I can get my head around it?

Thanks in advance!

G

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be able to do everything without scripting, have a look at Image Processor Pro here...

http://www.russellbrown.com/scripts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finding a version that works with CS2 might be a problem.

xbatch may work. I haven't run it on CS2 in years.

http://ps-scripts.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/ps-scripts/xtools/apps/xbatch.jsx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooops, my eye-sight is failing along with the de-grading grey cell X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if ImageProcessor Pro, or xbatch don't work for you,  I used to write lots of scripts for CS2, I could revive a couple from the dead that do naming, saving, and looping like you're looking for. 

You can find me http://adobescripting.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines