• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall Adobe Photoshop CS5 and its parts

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2024 Sep 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had installed Adobe Photoshop CS5 on my new Windows 11 laptop. The application will not license. I would like to remove the application and all its parts. I was able to remove Adobe Air via Programs and Features. Photoshop uninstall failed. I was able to remove Photoshop with AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe. I still see Adobe Device Central CS5 and Adobe Extension Manager CS5 in the start menu. I also see the Applciation in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe. Both applications do run. The two applications do not show in Programs and Features or Installed Apps. How do I successfully remove the two remainging applications from my laptop?

Thank you for your help

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 19, 2024 Sep 19, 2024

When I ran Adobe Uninstall... it only removed Adobe CS5 and did not provide options to remove anything else.. also the uninstall returned a error message of failed.

In the end my only option was to go through the registry and delete all instances of Adobe. Running all tools provided by Adobe ( CC uninstall) to remove Adobe products also failed as well. Below are the errors aI saw if interested. 

uninstall error.jpgScreenshot 2024-09-14 081230.jpg

This is what I saw after using CC Uninstall tool

Screenshot 2024-09-15 074707.jpg

The biggest issue was that remenants of Adobe CS5 sti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2024 Sep 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Edward, Welcome to the Photoshop Community. 

I'll need more details to help you figure this out. What version of Windows are you using?

Is there any error on the screen when uninstalling the app?

Could you share the screenshot? 

Please check here to follow the steps on how to uninstall CS5: 

https://adobe.ly/4eqammy

Here are the few steps that will help you when you encounter an error when uninstalling CS5: https://adobe.ly/4dfDCet

You can check this also: https://adobe.ly/3BjCVDC

After you uninstall Photoshop CS5 from your device, you can use the Adobe Cleaner tool to delete the software from your device: https://adobe.ly/3MKoGKO

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Shivani 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2024 Sep 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to remove Photoshop with AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe. I still see Adobe Device Central CS5 and Adobe Extension Manager CS5...How do I successfully remove the two remainging applications from my laptop?

By @edward_5252

As I understand it, you have already removed Photoshop by using the Adobe Cleaner tool and now only need to install Adobe Device Central and Adobe Extension Manager, is that correct?

I think @Shivani Somayajula may have misread your post. I'm tagging him to look at your post again.

See if this helps you to uninstall the remaining two apps:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/uninstall-creative-suite-cs5-cs5.html

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2024 Sep 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I ran Adobe Uninstall... it only removed Adobe CS5 and did not provide options to remove anything else.. also the uninstall returned a error message of failed.

In the end my only option was to go through the registry and delete all instances of Adobe. Running all tools provided by Adobe ( CC uninstall) to remove Adobe products also failed as well. Below are the errors aI saw if interested. 

uninstall error.jpgScreenshot 2024-09-14 081230.jpg

This is what I saw after using CC Uninstall tool

Screenshot 2024-09-15 074707.jpg

The biggest issue was that remenants of Adobe CS5 still remained. For example if I right clicked on an image file and selected "Open with" Adobe CS5 was an option despite it "successfully" being removed. I just wanted everything Adobe off my laptop until I could decide what app I was going to use for photo editing. I realize my Adobe CS5 was quite old but I had been able to use it untill trying to install on my new laptop. The only help I could get from Adobe was to upgrade.

Regedit and removal of all Adobe instancess seems to have resolved my issue.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2024 Sep 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@edward_5252 

Thank you for sharing what worked for you, as it will help others who search. I've marked your answer Correct.

Adobe no longer resets activations, so apps must be deactivated on the old computer before they can be installed elsewhere. 

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines