• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstalling old files and versions of Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to clean up my old versions of photoshop.  I was able to remove a couple through the creative cloud, but I still have so many Adobe files.  I am currently using Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC 2018.

How do I uninstall these older versions?   Which of these files do I no longer need?

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 7.46.46 PM.png

Thank you!

Pam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

psglr  wrote

I have a Mac, so I just drag them to trash? 

No, not in the case of Adobe products.

For CC use your CC Desktop app

Screen Shot 2018-04-14 at 11.33.31 AM.png

For CS Use the uninstaller which can be found in the app folder.

Better details here:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

It's easy to just drag an app to the trashcan, but it leaves a lot of support files around. Appcleaner is a good utility.

Remove extra application files with AppCleaner | Macworld

Link:

AppCleaner

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to uninstall them through your OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

psglr  wrote

No, not in the case of Adobe products.

For CC use your CC Desktop app

Screen Shot 2018-04-14 at 11.33.31 AM.png

For CS Use the uninstaller which can be found in the app folder.

Better details here:

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

It's easy to just drag an app to the trashcan, but it leaves a lot of support files around. Appcleaner is a good utility.

Remove extra application files with AppCleaner | Macworld

Link:

AppCleaner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this thread is still available. The answer is confusing to me. I believe the OP is talking about "previous" versions of Photoshop, is he not – not the current version. I have the same issue. The CC option shown seems to suggest it is going to uninstall "all" versions of Photoshop. Is that correct? I dont' want to do that – just all the "stuff" left over from previous versions.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I tried uninstalling the older version (Photoshop 2023) since the Photoshop 2024 is installed, from control panel. When I try uninstalling it from control panel it opens creative cloud and form creative cloud i don't have that option on the 3 dots. 

Diana37005978idry_0-1714124761715.png

Please help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling old versions of Photoshop Using Adobe uninstall through Creative Cloud or your OS features does not uninstall everything associated with a  version of Photoshop.  They uninstall what Adobe installers installed.  Add-on you added to Photoshop like Plug-in Action sets script , extension and added user data like Preferences that has been Added to your user data and Photoshop's  install are not removed. These you must remove.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall the applications in the OS.

But that's just a small part of it. The biggest footprint from these previous versions will be in your user account. This won't ever be removed in an uninstall, so it accumulates. You have to delete it manually. Bridge previews alone, from previous versions, can be tens of GB's.

As long as you leave shared folders, and anything used by the current version, pretty much everything in the Adobe folders under your user account can be safely deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines