• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unknown effect

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I ask for help to achieve the effect I show in the image. If anyone knows I would appreciate the teaching. 

I already have the background separated from the person on two separate layers.

From already thank you very much!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

You're very welcome.

If it worked for you, would you mind marking my reply with the steps that I sent as the Correct Answer so that others with the same question would be able to find it more easily? Thanks! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way you could make it would be with a copy of the subject, a couple of adjustment layers, and a layer style. Here's how (starting from the original photo):

1. Make a jagged selection around the subject with the Lasso tool.
  2. With the selection active, go to Layer > New > Layer via copy to duplicate the selection on a new layer.
  3. Go to the bottom of the Layers panel, click on the middle icon, and select Gradient Map...
  4. Double-click on the gradient thumbnail in the Layers panel to open the gradient in the Properties panel.
  5. Click on the gradient in the Properties panel to open the Gradient Editor.
  6. Click in the middle of the gradient that goes from black on the left to white on the right to add a color stop.
  7. While the new color stop is selected, click on Color and choose a purplish color (or whatever color you want to use) and click OK in the Color Picker.
  8. If the gradient looks okay on the subject then click OK in the Gradient Editor. If it's too dark or too light, move the new color stop to the left or the right as desired. Then click OK in the Gradient Editor.
  9. Right-click on the adjustment layer, and in the contextual menu, select Create Clipping Mask so that the adjustment layer only applies to the subject layer.
  10. Select the original picture layer (so that the next layer gets added above it) and then click on the adjustment layer icon at the bottom of the Layers panel again and Select Solid color...
  11. Set the color to white.
  12.  Ctrl (Windows) / Command (macOS) + click on the thumbnail of the duplicated subject in the Layers panel to load that selection.
  13. Drag the layer mask on the solid white layer to the trash and then click the 3rd icon from the left at the bottom of the Layers panel to make a new layer mask based on the cutout shape.
  14. Select the Move tool and use the arrow keys on your keyboard to nudge the white layer to the left.
  15. Double-click on the white layer in the empty space to the right of the layer name to open the Layer Styles. 
  16. Select Drop Shadow and adjust the Angle to 35°.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Myra for sharing your knowledge, you were a great help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're very welcome.

If it worked for you, would you mind marking my reply with the steps that I sent as the Correct Answer so that others with the same question would be able to find it more easily? Thanks! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines