• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsigned Extensions on Mac

Contributor ,
Jul 04, 2016 Jul 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I run unsigned photoshop extensions on Mac?
I've turned on PlayerDebugMode via the terminal command
defaults write com.adobe.CSXS.6 PlayerDebugMode 1

(also ran it for CSXS.7)

Files reside in /Users/martindahlin/Library/Preferences/ inside two plist-files:
com.adobe.CSXS.6

com.adobe.CSXS.7

The same panel works on Windows after I've done the corresponding registry edit, but it never appears on Mac.

I've placed the panel inside: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions
I have another signed panel in the same folder (downloaded from the net) which works just fine.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jul 04, 2016 Jul 04, 2016

Did you update manifest version range to 17? Also I think default CEP extension location was under ~/Library, not /Library. And check from Davide survival guides

HTML Panel Tips #21: Photoshop CC 2015.5 survival guide | Photoshop, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Jul 04, 2016 Jul 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update manifest version range to 17? Also I think default CEP extension location was under ~/Library, not /Library. And check from Davide survival guides

HTML Panel Tips #21: Photoshop CC 2015.5 survival guide | Photoshop, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it - thanks!
For some reason 2015.5 is considered a "major version" meaning that the version number has been upped to 17.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey guys, good evening!! I know this post is old, but ive searched all over the internet for a solution to a panel error im getting and i think this post was the closest thing ive found!

Suddenly a panel of mine stoped working, and gives me the "extension not properly signed message". Ive used this panel for the past 4 years and never had this problem! Not sure if i accidently deleted some folder some day or something like that!

Im using Mac OS Big Sur with Photoshop 2021! Ive seen only solutions for windows for this and not Mac but seen something related to the playerdebugmode command... Could you guys give me a hand??

Thanks so much! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines