• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated Photoshop and now can't remove NEW window.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help me to remove this window  (see photo) that opens every  time I click on NEW???

Tony97_0-1612656394551.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

To get rid of that new "File >New" dialogue go to Preferences >General and check "Use Legacy New Document Interface"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences > General > uncheck "Show Start Workspace"

E4C25DC5-EB35-4ADA-8CB0-4DAA93FA6163.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, thanks for the reply, but that isn't an option that I have.

Tony97_0-1612891749561.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tony Koti 

Your first screen shot shows that you are using Photoshop 2021 (22.1.1). In your second screen shot, you have typed in 20.0.9. You may have more than one version installed. Can you go to Photoshop menu > About to confirm your version?

Also open the Creative Cloud app. It will list all installed versions (or look in Finder > Applications.)

In the 20.0.9 version, you have disabled the Home Screen and are using the Legacy dialog for "New". That version should be okay.

Jane

1EC47063-08D8-424C-BBFE-DA0FDEDDF5FE.jpeg

1F906065-7CE2-4F6B-B6C2-B3FAE1816765.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You  are right! Here is why to confusion. 20.0.9 is an old one without the problem that I cited originally. So, I screenshot all my settings for it in case of a crash or some glitch.

The 22.1.1 version is where this problem with the window shows up. Sorry for the confusion. I will return with a screenshot of my 22.1.1 version settings later. I'm ill at the moment, and can't spend lots of time doing all this. Thanks for pointing it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @Tony Koti 

The answer I gave you earlier should work for version 22: “Preferences > General > uncheck "Show Start Workspace”.  Also, FYI, the February 2021 release is version 22.2. I hope you feel better soon.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

Sorry for taking long to reply, I've sick in bed for five days. I just got on my computer since I last  replied to you.

I opened PS v22.1.1 release and I don't have the option you cited "show START workspace when no new documents are opened"

I've made a screenshot of my preferences and of the version I was working on this time, the correct versionn. Please see if I'm still on the same train of thought as you are, and if not, maybe you can see something in my preferences that would  work. I've tried everything already.

Thanks for taking time to try to help me!

Tony

Tony97_0-1613330048390.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get rid of that new "File >New" dialogue go to Preferences >General and check "Use Legacy New Document Interface"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dave! That did it!!!

I appreciate your help!

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines