Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating pixel-data in real-time

Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm investigating options for implementing a real-time filter-like functionality in photoshop, and I would like a few opinions regarding implementation strategies.

Basically, I would like to update the content of a layer (lets call it B) when the user draws in another layer (lets call that A), such that the content of layer B is a function of A.

Will such a task be possible using the functionality exposed by the Photoshop SDK?

Kind regards Toke

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Theoretically it may be doable assuming the tool used to modify B triggers proper events (not every tool does, unfortunately) AND your updates to layer A can be performed without disrupting user's work on B. What you'd need to do in this case is to implement an automation plugin based on Listener from the SDK samples that would monitor the events. Upon the event you'd need to determine the activate layer in your C++ code and if it's B then update A. The problematic part here would be whether you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theoretically it may be doable assuming the tool used to modify B triggers proper events (not every tool does, unfortunately) AND your updates to layer A can be performed without disrupting user's work on B. What you'd need to do in this case is to implement an automation plugin based on Listener from the SDK samples that would monitor the events. Upon the event you'd need to determine the activate layer in your C++ code and if it's B then update A. The problematic part here would be whether you'd able to modify the non-current layer in a fashion that doesn't interrupt user's work on B (for example, you probably wouldn't want upon any change on B to change the current layer to A which would cause the focus to jump to A and then go back) and this would depend on the the type of changes you'd like to make there.

Anyway, this would be the general direction I'd take here.

HTH

ivar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much

I'll give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines