• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating/relinking linked vector smart object changes object location.

Participant ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an illustrator file with several artboards linked to PS file. On some occasions, when updating the smart object (Update Modified Content), the location changes. What could cause this? What i have noticed is that when i hit ctrl + T, the object appears bigger in transform mode. But this is always not the case.

Smart object after updating modified content ( yellow lines is copy of original placement):

martink15467522_0-1643715830851.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Mentor , Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

yes, you need to update to the latest and try again. Bugs get patched all the time and if you're a year behind, there's a good chance it's been fixed already.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Yes. Thanks! 23.1.1 works. Although one detail still moves a few mm, but i guess we can call this answered. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mark the thread as »Bug« then it should be registered at Adobe as a Bug Report, though Adobe employees may or may not not post any comments on the issue. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/which-quot-conversation-type-quot-should-i-choose-before-writing-a-post/td-p/12386859

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old bug that's been around for years. Which version of Ps are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 22.5.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it works for Christoph P. in the latest version, shouldn't you try it as well in 23.1.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, you need to update to the latest and try again. Bugs get patched all the time and if you're a year behind, there's a good chance it's been fixed already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. Thanks! 23.1.1 works. Although one detail still moves a few mm, but i guess we can call this answered. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines