Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading Oil Painting Filter to CS5

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I want to use the oil paiting filter in CS5, but it's not showing up in Stylize.

I tried downloading Pixel Bender, but the EXE wouldn't run. 

Thanks for youe help!

Jen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you follow the installation instructions? 

https://www.adobe.com/devnet/archive/pixelbender/articles/releasenotes.html

https://www.adobe.com/devnet/archive/pixelbender.html

Anyway Pixel Bender was not listed under the Stylize Filters, if I remember correctly, but in the Filter Menu’s top level. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I downloaded the Pixel Bender toolkit 2.5 for Windows, but recieved this error message when clicking the .exe file:

"Installer failed to initialize. File not found."

Thank you, Jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want the Pixel Bender plugin for cs5 not the Pixel Bender Toolkit 2.5.

From some reason adobe removed the links for the Pixel Bender plugin for photoshop cs5.

These links should work:

Here is the pixel bender plugin for the 64 bit version of photoshop cs5 on windows and mac

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/developer/pixelbender/pixelbenderplugin_p3_pscs5_64bit_ 061711.mx...

For the 32 bit version of photoshop cs5 on windows

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/developer/pixelbender/pixelbenderplugin_p3_pscs5_32bit_ 061711.mx...

If you have photoshop cs5.1

windows cs5.1 32 bits

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/developer/pixelbender/pixelbenderplugin_p3_pscs5-1_32bi t_061711....

64 bits cs5.1 windows and mac

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/developer/pixelbender/pixelbenderplugin_p3_pscs5-1_64bi t_061711....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 

When I try downloading the 64 bit for CS5, I get this error message

Swimmingdog_0-1590945787903.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»From some reason adobe removed the links for the Pixel Bender plugin for photoshop cs5.«

Well, there is the issue that Photoshop CS5 has been obsolete for about a decade now … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Of course that's true, however, i do find it strange that adobe still has good links for the cs4 pixel bender plugin, but not for cs5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the Adobe Extension Manager CS5 and click Run As Administrator or on windows 10 More>Run As Administrator and see if that makes any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to Run as Administrator in the Adobe Extension Manager, but I still got the same message. Where am I clicking for Windows 10? I do see the More > Run as Admin option when I click on something specific.  

Thank you! Jen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Windows start Menu right click on the Adobe Extension Manager CS5 then More>Run as adminstrator

(my example is for the cs6 version, but cs5 should be the same)

Screenshot-(256).png

Once your in the Extension Manager CS5 click the Install button and navigate to the downloaded Pixel Bender plugin file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked - thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines