• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use CS6 on desktop while using the CC version

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a stand-alone installation of Photoshop CS6.
Can I install the CC version and use it in parallel to the CS6?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Yes. I've been running older versions alongside newer versions for some time. Just be sure to NOT delete the old version on installation!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I've been running older versions alongside newer versions for some time. Just be sure to NOT delete the old version on installation!

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Want to make sure about camera raw version.
CS6 does not support camera raw 10.3 which is the minimum required for ARW files (Sony A7iii).
is it possible to have/install camera raw for CC version and not have any conflict with CS6 raw version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. You need a corresponding Photoshop version. It won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I need to disable or uninstall CS6 in order to have the right RAW plugin in CC?
in that case I can't use CS6 alongside CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry, I thought you meant Photoshop CS6 alone, with a newer CC ACR version. As long as the CC Photoshop version is installed and running, that shouldn't be a problem.

Having several PS versions installed at the same time is normally perfectly fine. We all do that all the time. But here there might be a licensing conflict. That's what I'm unsure of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure I understood.
can I have CS6 installed with the corresponding ACR (9.1.1 - which I currently have and is the latest possible update for CS6)
and in parallel install CC last version with it corresponding ACR (I need to have at least ACR 10.3 to open my A7iii photos)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is normally no problem. Most of us have multiple Photoshop versions installed, and they may have different ACR versions.

However, in this case, you'll have one perpetual license and one subscription license. That may cause a conflict, I don't know. It's possible that the CC license will try to take over the CS6 license. Someone else will have to answer this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So who can answer the question whether I can install a new CC version (including ACR) without it taking over my standalone CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 runs fine on Windows 10.  My CS6 Windows  Perpetuals Standard version 13.0.1.3 was update the  Creative cloud CS6 Extended version 13.1.2  years ago though Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop shows it as  Photoshop v 13.0 up to date it 13.1.2 up to date on Windows 10 the CS6  reports 13.1.2 Windows 8

image.png

image.pngimage.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Warning: CC will immediately take over the CS6 licensing. This is fine so long as you subscribe to CC, but if your plan was that CS6 can be there if you stop paying, you will be disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines