Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use Flex UI in a PS plugin

Engaged ,
May 24, 2011 May 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am a relatively new user to Flex UI designing! Few days back, I thought of giving my PS plugins a Flex UI look! I searched the internet on some tutorials or guides, but there is very little information pertaining to that. The CS Extension Builder guide says that we can interact between Flex UI & a native application with the help of C++ PlugPlug library. There is a sample code in Illustrator SDK for the same by the name of FreeGrid (C++) & FreeGridUI(Flex UI) . But I couldn't find an equivalent in PS.

On searching some more in this regard, I found that we can use the PlugPlug.h (& .cpp) with some changes into our C++ PS plugin code. I am stuck at this stage now. How do I go about from here??

Guide me people..!! 

Thanks!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

That would be the " all the adjustments you would need to do to make them work in the Photoshop context" part of my post! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In theory taking the PlugPlug*.* files from the Illustrator SDK and using them in a Photoshop plug-in should work. I have yet to try this experiment and am not sure of all the adjustments you would need to do to make them work in the Photoshop context however. I would also assume that this would only work with CS5 and later of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply..

I have been waiting eagerly for any reply to this post!

You said that PlugPlug.* files should work in PS plugins too. But these PlugPlug.* files also have some Illustrator header files included in them. What should be done in that aspect?

And, is there no alternate method of capturing the events of a Flex UI in C++ plugin code???

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be the " all the adjustments you would need to do to make them work in the Photoshop context" part of my post! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

poortip87,

any progress on this? did you success with the PlugPlug API implementation?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi compudraftx, I was successful in communicating using the PlugPlug part. What do you want to know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello poortip87,

i am trying to do the adjustments for PS but I am having the same problem mentioned here: Is the PlugPlugOwl.dll in PS CC equivalent to the PlugPlug.dll from PS CS6?

How have you been able to communicate using the PS PlugPlugOwl.dll?

Thank you for an answere,

Patrick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

were you able to communicate with plugin and extension?

I am trying this since long time but no luck , can u help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop SDK code were mostly written more than 10 years ago. At that time, FLEX, FLASH even did not come to this world yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines