• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using "New" Airbrush Tools?

Engaged ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new Airbrush settings (below) are powerful but seem to have limitations -primarily size.

-I assume these controls are incompatible with the traditional Brush Tool? Are the new controls only available when the new Airbrush icon is selected?Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 3.49.05 PM.jpg

-Is there a way around the 300 pixel size limit? (That's like something from the early 1990's.)

-Are the custom settings used to create the Kyle Webster presets all available through the various Brushes control options, like: Pose, Shape Dynamics, Dual Brush etc.? Or are his brushes configured with tools that are beyond the Photoshop Application?

In the past I have created custom brushes for snow, hair, fur, spatter, etc. The basic brush had a pixel limit of 5000. But each brush was derived from a specific raster pattern element that I created. How can I create a custom brush with a basic element like a "Leaf" that is also compatible with the new controls shown below? And again, is there a workaround for the 300pixel size limit/

thnx

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 3.10.51 PM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

The main criteria for the Air Brush, is having Build Up checked in Brush Settings.  All this does is cause the current preset to continue applying content while the mouse button is held down or tablet stylus in contact, even if not moving.  It sort of overcomes Spacing.  So you can make any brush into an airbrush, but some won't work very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The main criteria for the Air Brush, is having Build Up checked in Brush Settings.  All this does is cause the current preset to continue applying content while the mouse button is held down or tablet stylus in contact, even if not moving.  It sort of overcomes Spacing.  So you can make any brush into an airbrush, but some won't work very well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines