• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Utterly perplexing export issue

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So exporting an image was working totally fine and dandy, and now when I attempt to do so all the content inexplicably moves to undesired positions. In the workspace itself everything is aligned. I haven't had this issue before. Working on Mac El Capitan 10.11.6 if it helps. Tried searching other instances in the forum for this problem before posting but couldn't find the words to narrow down the issue. Any thoughts?

Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 22.03.52.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

It's a bug. I have had the same thing happen. I believe Adobe is aware of it and hopefully it will get fixed. It's not the only issue with Export As and I highly recommend that you stick with Save For Web (Export > Save For Web (Legacy)) with which your file should export just fine.

BTW, I mention this alignment problem in a post on Export As at LinkedIn, link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bug. I have had the same thing happen. I believe Adobe is aware of it and hopefully it will get fixed. It's not the only issue with Export As and I highly recommend that you stick with Save For Web (Export > Save For Web (Legacy)) with which your file should export just fine.

BTW, I mention this alignment problem in a post on Export As at LinkedIn, link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Steve, thanks for your input - aye, 'tis clearly a bug, now when I export it brings in elements of other open projects and distorts the look of them within project as well. I had a try with Save For Web and the results continue to confuse me. Is there a way around this bug? Uninstalling, for example? I've got 3 photoshop essential commissions on the go and this is putting me way behind...

Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 16.33.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could Flatten the layers, Export, then un-flatten with Undo or File>Revert. If you prefer Save For Web (which I do), in the upper right be sure to choose JPEG, 100%, and Embed Color Profile. That can all be saved into an Action, but Export As won't record into an Action (yet another fault).

The first time you launch Save for Web it defaults to GIF (upper right), but unlike Export As, SFW will remember your settings too when you choose JPEG or PNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I may have found a similar problem with Export As...

I have an image with a Background layer, 2 simple image layers, and 2 image layers with layer masks. The layers with masks use Advanced Blending settings to create a knockout effect (shallow knockout, all other checkboxes under the knockout section cleared).

I use Export As... to create PNG files at the original resolution and at two lower resolutions. The original resolution PNG looks good, but it looks like both of the two lower resolution versions are rendered as if the masks for the knockout layers are solid white. This ends up completely hiding the layers below them (but not the Background layer).

Disabling the Advanced Blending (no knockout, 2nd and 3rd checkboxes enabled) resolves the problem, but (obviously) fails to produce the desired knockout effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines