• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Variables error help

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I had an error come up that has stummped me.  I am using variables and this message came up.

Could not parse the file contents as a data set. The name 'ÔªøGroup' is not a variable in the current document.

"Group" is one of my variables.  But the "Ôªø"  is not part of anything, anywhere.  I have lots of layers in this

particular data set and they have been working, but this "Group" one is not.

UPDATE*  Just to see what happens I changed the name of the column in the CSV file to "ÔªøGroup".  And changed the layer name (variable in Photoshop) to the same thing.  And when I tried to run the data set it gave this message...

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 2.55.30 PM.png

It just keeps looking for more crazy characters!!!

Thanks for any advice you can give!

- Jim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim did you ever manage to fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had that issue for a long time.  I believe it was fixed by making sure there wasn't any characters like /,&,%,# within the fields anywhere.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the text encoding for the csv file. Generally UTF8, but special characters may need a different encoding. Also make sure that the encoding matches when importing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines