Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the a15 pro

1. I installed and removed the driver twice
  2. The pen works perfectly in illustrator cc
  3. I set the pen pressure on
  4.  I set the brush settings to pen pressure for Size 
  5. I also set and reset enable windows ink function in veikk setup
  6. I also tried specifically setting a setting for Photoshop in the function menu
  7. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

SOLUTION FOR VEIKK TABLET IN PHOTOSHOP

I contacted Veikk and they told me to insert only 

# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0

in the psuserConfig.txt file in C:\Users\The user name\AppData(Hidden files)\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings

then restart the PC.

Thanks again JJ for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not add  a PSUsetConfig.txt file to  you Photoshop CC Preferences  to not use  Windows INK in Photoshop.   You want Photoshop the use Windows INK like your tablet.   If the file exist you want other options change not the pen stylus option changed like you may want you suppress running script warnings.

image.png

Which Photoshop CC version are you using?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI JJ

I made a file as suggested above, with no result.

I'm using the latest (as of today Photoshop 2020 cc.

Thanks,

Hal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting Photoshop all tools and your Photoshop Prterferences.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did that.

I do have a warning next to the size/jitter control adjacent to pen pressure in brush settings now.Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is normal if you have not yet used your pen in the current Photoshop session. Once you use the pen Photoshop should see you have a  pen and remove that warming triangle.

image.pngimage.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's still there even closing and starting and using the pen with pressure sensing on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason then Photoshop is not seeing you have a pen. I'm using WinTab API  for  I have old Photoshop versions install as well as Creative cloud versions on my workstation.  However, on my Surface Pro I'm  not installing old version because of space and I'm using Windows Ink and  Photoshop works with my Surface pen and with my Wacom Intuos Pro pen on the tablet using Windows INK.  I have no idea why your Photoshop CC version does not see your table's pen using Windows INK.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The funny thing is the pen works, but just not the pressure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The warning triangle with the ! indicated a pen is required. Photoshop does not see that you have a tablet and pen. So the Brush tool is working like you are using a mouse that has no pressure sensitivity. Both Photoshop and  your tablet must use the same API either INK or WinTab on Windows. I have no idea what is used on a Mac.  I have no Problem on my Windows system using Windows INK or Using WinTab API   with my Surface Pen and Wacom Pen. However, I never tried using WinTab API on my Surface machine.  For I saw no good reason to install Microsoft optional WinTab device driver for the Surface Pen. On my Surface Laptop I just use Windows INK. On My Workstation I can user Windows INK or WinTab.  However If I use Windows INK  I vne not Use Pen Presure in CS3 and CS6 onle can in CC versions of Photoshop.  So I use WinTab API with Photoshop and Windows INK for all other applications. You can have preferences for Applications using Wacom Application preferences.

image.png

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you JJMack, this is the real anwer!! I have been trying everything suggested all over the internet and uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop and wacom drivers a zillion times, but never holding the pen to the tablet to test it!! Now after your tip, I see changing the settings really works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION FOR VEIKK TABLET IN PHOTOSHOP

I contacted Veikk and they told me to insert only 

# Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0

in the psuserConfig.txt file in C:\Users\The user name\AppData(Hidden files)\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings

then restart the PC.

Thanks again JJ for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to create the text file:

right click on the file explorer folder in  C:\Users\The user name\AppData(Hidden files)\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019\Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Settings

(may be 2021 instead of 2019.

click on NEW, text document

name it psuserConfig.txt

double click the file name

insert:

Use WinTab
UseSystemStylus 0

Then save the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey gyro22222,

I just got a Veikk A30 and running PS 2020, the pressure sensitivity is not working similar to the case you had. I am a bit confused on what to do inside the Adobe Photoshop file in the File Explorer could you please reword and help me.

Appreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys, ive done this and is till cant get my Veikk A15 to work. I have the newest version of PhotoShop instaled and when i use my styles it recognises it for a moment then dropps it. what do i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also works if pen pressure isn't working on photoshop 2020, if you put the same .txt file in c:/Users/Users name/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/AdobePhotoshop 2020/Adobe Photoshop 2020 settings

thank you so much for posting this I've been trying to find a solution for this since the latest update 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This resolves the problem in photoshop. I am still not able to fix it for Lighteroom. the pen pressure is not working, any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the 2021 version copy and paste the text file, in the correct answer above, to C:\Users\The user name\AppData(Hidden files)\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2021\Adobe Photoshop CC 2021.

I just restarted Photoshop and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using veikk A50 but still having the same problem after following the steps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, dont know if anyone is still having this issue but I found my solution.

- PS was not recognizing I have a pressure sensative tablet (Using A15 Veikk on Photoshop CC with PC)

I downloaded the driver and in the interface for hotkeys, etc. there is a button for "enable windows ink function"

Selected that and tabbed back to photoshop, works perfectly now.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really worked @gyro22222 Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines