• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videos not rendering properly in Photoshop 2024

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to edit some videos in photoshop. I have combined several clips to make the final video and modified them as smart objects with camera raw, however, the final rendered video (as anMP4) will not play - any ideas? Latest version of Photoshop and Windows 11.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MadDrongo what codec did you export to h.264?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - yes I tried H264.  I have had another play and found that I could export videos OK as long as they were about 1 minute long, but not much longer.  I tried a 2 minute clip but that didn't work either.  It seems that once the exported file gets to a certain size the process stops.  I am pretty sure I have exported videos of much greater length without modifying them as a smart object using RAW filter; i.e. just basic editing.  Could it be that I am running out of resources?  I have an over clocked PC with 32 GB of Ram and some fast hard drives for the scratch disks.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. I have exact the same issue.

A video with Adobe Camera RAW filter applied as Smart Filter only renderes for about 1 minute to H.264 (did not try another format) 1920px * 1080px. Of I place 2 movies on top of eachother, both with Adobe Camera RAW filter applied as Smart Filter, I can only render 30 seconds.

I am now rendering a video 3h13m long, every time as 30 or 60 seconds blocks, only to join them later. Turning off the GPU support does not fix the issue.

Specs: 32 GB RAM, 4 cores, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are working on movies of more than three hours length I think you should consider using software that is better fit to the task. 

Photoshop’s video capabilities are limited to put it mildly. 

Does the Filter itself make a difference, meaning can you render longer videos if it is not applied? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply.

You're right in better had to use different software. But it is not common practice for me to render video's, I'm now working on a one time project. And the montage was already done when I bumped into this issue, so my choise was to keep on rendering in blocks of 1 minute instaid of redo the montage.

Anyways... Yes. If I disable the filter itself, I can render much, much longer. By only disabeling the layer containing the filter not. So even when the layer is disabled, the smart filter will keep being rendered. And the smart filter on the smart object is, as I could test, the one causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s unfortunate that the Filter itself seems to be the cause of the issue. 

I wonder if it might be possible to get somewhat longer snippets at least by improving performance more generally. 

Have you been able to automate the rendering of the individual snippets? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that possible? No I did not 🙂 ... I've been setting my alarm every 30 minutes (that is the time needed to render 1 minute of video with only the ACR filter applied 😄 ) to start the next block for the last 3 weeks when I'm at home. I'm almost done now, another 6 or 7 to go (from the 300+ 😄 😄 😄 ).

Next time I'll take a trial version of Premiere 😉

But if Adobe is able to look into the issue for further releases, it will be great 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tried Scripting video export yet (at least I can’t remember) and it may not work out, as not all Photoshop features lend themselves to this, but if the issue should arise for you again, check back and some of the other Scripting-affine regulars or I may be able to look into the feasability. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moah, that could have been a possibility.

Even that some snippets should be 1500 frames (50 seconds) and others 750 frames (25 seconds), depending on the number of films simultaneously running in different timeline layers. If both are enabled, only 750f is possible; if only one is enabled, 1500 can be rendered in one go. So that makes it a bit more complex qua if then elses and calculating the variables, but should be possible 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Listen can you just give us a step by step explanation on how to render videos in 2024? start with how you would do a standard video please, NOONE CAN RENDER VIDEOS FOR YEARS THIS IS ON GOING AND UNEXCEPTABLE< JUST TELL US SO WE KNOW BECAUSE IT DOES NOT WORK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOONE CAN RENDER VIDEOS FOR YEARS 

File > Export > Render Video works for me on Photoshop 25.3.1 on Mac OS 14.1.2 so please don’t make incorrect general claims. 

What is your exact problem? 

Is Bridge open? 

Have you installed Media Encoder? 

Does Photoshop have the necessary access? 

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your rendered MP4 video won't play in Photoshop, try these steps for a quick fix, similar to the straightforward and effective approach you'd expect from ER WhatsApp:

1. Check Codec Compatibility: Ensure you have the necessary codecs installed for MP4 playback.

2. Render Settings: Verify your render settings. Use the H.264 codec for MP4 files and check the bitrate settings.

3. File Path: Save the video to a location with a short file path and no special characters.

4. Software Update: Make sure Photoshop and your video players are updated to the latest versions.

5. Export Method: Instead of exporting directly, try rendering the video using Adobe Media Encoder.

These steps should help resolve the issue. If it persists, consider reaching out to Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines