Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Intuos Pro not working in Photoshop 2022

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know this problem's been discussed previously but I've tried all the solutions from other discussions and nothing's work. So fingers crossed for a new idea!

The preference settings for my Wacom Intuos Pro are not appearing in Photoshop 2022. For example the express keys aren't assigned as I set them up, they're staying as the default for the tablet. This is happening in all the 2022 creative cloud apps, but I use photoshop the most.

This isn't happening in other applications - I use Vectorworks and the express keys are assigned and working fine. So it's an Adobe specific issue. The Mac is brand new so everything's been cleanly installed with default preferences.

This is my setup:

Mac Studio - M1 Max chip - macOS Monterey 12.6

Photoshop 23.5.1

Wacom Intuos Pro (PTH-660) - driver 6.3.46-2

Things I've tried:

1. Reinstalled mac OS and checked it's the latest version.

2. Reinstalled photoshop and checked it's the latest version, made sure all preferences are reset to default.

3. Deinstalled the Wacom driver - a full manual deinstall where I searched through all the files and manually deleted them as advised in this threat - https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/wacom-express-keys-yet-again-not-work... Then reinstalled the driver and setup the express keys from scratch rather than importing the preferences from a saved file.

4. Spoken to Wacom support who suggested the same as above, then ran out of ideas and said ask Adobe!

Can anyone suggest anything else please?

My super speedy mac is working like a snail as I jump between tablet and trying to remember keyboard shortcuts!

Many thanks everyone.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Go to Apple System Preferences/Security and Privacy:

1. Full Disk Access:

• Make sure PS is there and checked.
  • Then - Wacom Tablet Utility App, Wacome Desktop Center in and checked.

2.  Input Monitoriing:

• Wacom Tablet Driver
  • Wacom Touch Driver
  • Wacom Desktop Center
  • com.Wacom.IOManager.app
  • Wacom Tablet Utility.app
  • FirmwareUpdater.app
  • com.Wacom.DataStoreMgr.app

3. Accessibility:

After youve confirmed or added all these - restart your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Apple System Preferences/Security and Privacy:

1. Full Disk Access:

• Make sure PS is there and checked.
  • Then - Wacom Tablet Utility App, Wacome Desktop Center in and checked.

2.  Input Monitoriing:

• Wacom Tablet Driver
  • Wacom Touch Driver
  • Wacom Desktop Center
  • Wacom Tablet Utility.app
  • FirmwareUpdater.app
  • com.Wacom.DataStoreMgr.app

3. Accessibility:

After youve confirmed or added all these - restart your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Many thanks for your suggestion.

I made all those updates to Security and Privacy, except I can't find Wacom Touch Driver and FirmwareUpdater.app on my Mac. They don't show up in spotlight and I've manually searched through anywhere I think they could be. Can you point me in the right direction?

All the others are added to Security and Privacy but unfortunately it's made no difference.

Adobe remote support established the Wacom tablet works fine with Photoshop when I log in as a root user. So something in my user setup is stopping the Wacom settings appearing in Photoshop. They tried everything they could think of but couldn't fix it.

They suggested I speak to Wacom again or direct to Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your account set up as an Admin on your Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Touch Driver would show if your tablet supports touch interface, if not it wont be there.

The FirmwareUpdater.app should though.

Normally I'd say uninstall and reinstall your Wacom software but if its working on Root user, that means it your account on your Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin

Yes, my account is an admin account.

My tablet supports touch interface but I still can't find the Touch Driver or FirmwareUpdater.app

I agree, something's wrong with my account but I've no idea how to figure out what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would uninstall the Wacom software and reinstall fresh. Make sure to allow all requested access popups you get.

It could be one of the intitial requests was denied and that is why some components did not show in the System Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I reinstalled the Wacom driver.

Managed to find FirmwareUpdater.app and added it to Input Monitoring in Privacy.

I still can't find Wacom Touch Driver but that doesn't seem to matter because now it works!!!!!!!

Adjusting all the Privacy settings as you advised was the answer.

You managed to solve the problem that the combined technical support of Wacom, Adobe and Mac couldn't figure out.

You're a genius, many many thanks,

Dan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Went through all of those steps, located and added all of the files, restarted, did not work for me. 

I uninstalled, reinstalled, did all steps again, and I am STILL unable to use the express keys as customized for Adobe programs.  The "all other" settings work everywhere, including in PS, AI, and ID, but the ones set for those programs just don't work.

Do you have any other suggestions up your sleeve?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same story here. Photoshop does not work. Intuos4 WL. Was thinking of upgrading to Pro, but now I will not...

Big Sur on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines