• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Intuos4 and Photoshop CS4

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get pen tilt working in Photoshop CS4. If I choose pen tilt option in brush shape for shape dynamics it works as if the control would be set to pen pressure sensitivity. Diagnostics in driver options show tilt is detected. Tilt only works for angle control in CS4. And I'm using the latest update for CS4. In spite of this, i tried my intuos4 in corel sketchpad and it works great, just as expected. It detects pressure, tilt angle and tilt direction. I don't know what could be the problem. Can someone confirm having tilt working in CS4?

I'd like to use tilt for roundness control.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 04, 2009 Jun 04, 2009

Robert - that is not how any of the pressure related settings work in Photoshop.

Then how DO they work for goodness sake. Please, please explain what I must do to make tilt show up as an effect in PS. You still haven't once said here is a brush selection and settings. Make some strokes on a canvas with these settings at several tilt angles and you will see a difference.

Tilt is just another pressure like mapping - it just changes things the same way pressure does, or angle, or speed, or direction,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 187 Replies 187

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been a lot of discussion on this. Do a forum search!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the 11.0.1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2009 Apr 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote in the original post that i'm using the latest updates. So that doesn't solve anything.

LE: I did a forum search and read every relevant thread. I concluded that it's a fault of Adobe, as everyone complains about both tilt and rotation not working properly in Photoshop. What is more, i've tested the tablet myself in Corel SketchPad and it works flawlessly. That adds up to my conclusion. If I'm wrong please tell me the correct settings in Photoshop.

Oh... and i forgot to write. Before posting in this forum, I posted in the Wacom forum and they too said it is an Adobe related problem.

PS: When I'm using Opera, pressing enter adds a new line before, not after the current line, in the post form. What could be the problem?

Message was edited by: keenox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also took my time today and tested my tablet in Illustrator CS4. It works wonderfully! Why can't Adobe implement the same options for Photoshop? Is it so hard to copy paste the code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keenox wrote:

Is it so hard to copy paste the code?

Uh Yes. Yes it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read post #2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I DID! and i said:

LE: I did a forum search and read every relevant thread. I concluded that it's a fault of Adobe, as everyone complains about both tilt and rotation not working properly in Photoshop. What is more, i've tested the tablet myself in Corel SketchPad and it works flawlessly. That adds up to my conclusion. If I'm wrong please tell me the correct settings in Photoshop.

Oh... and i forgot to write. Before posting in this forum, I posted in the Wacom forum and they too said it is an Adobe related problem.

Don McCahill Hope you were being ironic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post 2 was from Chris Cox telling you to install an Update.

Did you do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 21, 2009 May 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did install the update and my Wacom Intuos 3 still only works in the 32-bit version of CS4 and NOT the 64-bit version. Running
Vista Ultimate, 8 G Ram, 3 GHz processor, and 1T HD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went to Wacom and they have a new driver, too- 6.11 something. I installed it and

I'm happy to report my Wacom Intuos 3 now functions properly in Photoshop CS4 64-bit. So maybe the combo of the Photoshop CS4 update and the Wacom driver update is the fix for your Intuos 4 tablet, too! Just follow the installation instructions, turn Windows Defender off and any virus protection programs before installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't there any solution for this?

I've tested the tablet on a Windows Vista 32bit with Photoshop CS2 and the tilt control for roundness worked very well.

I'm currently working on a Windows XP x64 with both Photoshop CS4 32bit and 64bit versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your post on the wacom forums you could not be helped. Wacom told you they could not adjust their drivers and to go to adobe for help. Best bet is to call adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2009 Apr 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to contact support, but I didn't really manage to do so. I'm using the trial version of CS4 and as far as I understand Adobe offers support only for purchased products. Could someone give me some details for contacting tech support?

!!!!!!!!!!FOR ANYONE WHO HAS THIS PROBLEM!!!!!!!

LE: I did some research on my own. This is a problem of Photoshop CS4. I've tested CS2 and CS3 and they work properly. If you want tilt control you have to use versions prior to CS4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does tilt work fine with Photoshop CS4? I have the latest driver (6.11-3) installed and it doesn't work in cs4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tilt does not work for me either, but then I use CorelPainter for stuff like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you have Photoshop 11.0.1 and updated Wacom drivers, tilt works perfectly with Photoshop CS4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Cox wrote:

As long as you have Photoshop 11.0.1 and updated Wacom drivers, tilt works perfectly with Photoshop CS4.

how does it work when everyone says it doesn't? could you post some samples of tilt working in psp cs4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"everyone" hasn't said it doesn't work.

Most of the people who had it failing have now updated Photoshop and their drivers and have it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2009 May 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris Cox wrote:

"everyone" hasn't said it doesn't work.

Most of the people who had it failing have now updated Photoshop and their drivers and have it working.

Bart Cross wrote:

I've been at this a long time, I have the latest PSCS4 update and the latest WACOM drivers, it still does not work PERIOD!

I've read a lot of topics on this subject and no user that started the thread had received a viable solution and now Bart just said that. . I even posted a print screen of using the latest update. Why don't you believe me that it doesn't work? I'm now using Photoshop CS3 and it works perfectly, as it does in Illustrator CS4 (yes, CS4). What makes you think it's a driver problem or an update problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything, but still no go.

I'm going to the other side, this is a Photoshop issue. FIX IT!

.... and do not install the latest drivers, they are RCs, not finals, use at your own peril.

I have contacted WACOM, if anything changes I will post it, if not, I'll take another kick at the PS team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bart: you shouldn't have bothered. i've been through that before and got the same thing.

It ABSOLUTELY isn't a driver issue. If it had been that way, tilt wouldn't work in the Corel software, but it does. The first thing I did when I've seen tilt doesn't work in Psp, I went to the Wacom forums. I tried everything they said, even tested my tablet with some SDK tools from Wacom and I concluded that they did their job flawlessly. This is a Photoshop CS4 fault. I'm 110% sure of it. As I said tilt works perfectly in any other version of Photoshop and in any other software (Corel Painter and Sketchbook, the ones I've tested) that supports it. The tests were conducted on the very same computer and on the very same OS, with all the latest updates (driver, software, OS, motherboard BIOS).  ps: i don't mean to sound so rude, but please don't treat us all like retards. we're not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, well I would like anyone who has an Intuos tablet with tilt bearing working to send a screen shot of it working, press F5 to show the brush settings that you are using. I'd like to try those settings. For some reason Chris feels we have to trust his word but would not provide any proof it works on their machines.

Anyone else on the PS team want to chime in here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a bug in Photoshop 11.0.0 related to pen tilt.  That bug was fixed in Photoshop 11.0.1.

There was a bug in some versions of the Wacom drivers also related to tilt, those got fixed a few months ago.

Until you find the source code with the bug in it, you can't be sure where the bug is.

But because other people have pen tilt working perfectly, I'm kinda sure it's not as simple as you think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2009 May 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok. this is hopeless. so... i photoshopped my photoshop starting screen and changed the version from 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 just to lose my time on the adobe forums. now i find out that i need to reverse enineer photoshop and start debugging, so i can fix it myself. thank you adobe!

p.s.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/Keenox/Untitled-1-2.jpg http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/Keenox/Untitled-2-1.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/Keenox/Untitled-3.jpg http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/Keenox/Untitled-4.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a156/Keenox/Untitled-5.jpg

ps2: I give up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines