Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom pen not working in Photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So photoshop was working perfectly fine with my Wacom tablet but after a recent update, my pen tool does not function as it should be. Usually, when I plug in my table I can just use my pen tool to draw but now I have to hold down the side button that is set to right click in order to draw. At first, this isn't a problem but because I have to hold down the side button in order to draw every time I tap with the tip of the pen the options tap with the brush adjustments keep bopping up and blocks my path to paint and draw fine details.  So basically my pen is behaving like a mouse pad, I have to hold right click in order use any of the tools.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, using an older version of Photoshop and nothing; the issue is still there, at first I thought maybe it could be my tablets that is the issue but it works perfectly in Paint Tool Sai and MS Paint.

I have creative cloud if that helps to narrow down the issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi

There was an issue with a recent Windows 10 update that caused strange Pen behavior and has since been fixed with another recent update.

Not sure if this relates to you but worth checking out

More info

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4093105/windows-10-update-kb4093105

"Addresses an issue that might cause some users to experience unexpected panning or scrolling in certain apps while using the pen."

Try updating Windows, you should be on OS Build 16299.402

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There was an issue with a recent Windows 10 update that caused strange Pen behavior and has since been fixed with another recent update.

Not sure if this relates to you but worth checking out

More info

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4093105/windows-10-update-kb4093105

"Addresses an issue that might cause some users to experience unexpected panning or scrolling in certain apps while using the pen."

Try updating Windows, you should be on OS Build 16299.402

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

thank you for helping, I checked and my computer is updated to the latest windows and I also found a post with similar issues as I have experienced and this seems to resolve my issue.

Photoshop - Wacom - Latest Update Bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am also having a major issue with my pen. It doesn't act how it should IN PHOTOSHOP. But Acts fine on another program when checking the pen pressure and behavior. I do not have Windows I have a Mac. Please someone help out if they can because I have tried everything. I just today before wiritng this uninstalled photoshop cc and am going to see if that helped as soon as I redownload it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just letting anyone who might see this know that I had to UNINSTALL PHOTOSHOP and then REINSTALL it to get the pen to exactly like it was meant to and it did immediately. The line does not lag. It follows my pen from start to end when I stop. I am so grateful I managed to fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same issue. my pen crushes at Lightroom. I have to close Lightroom and open it every 2-5 photos to work correctly.
Photoshop worked perfect and to all other apps in my pc so it is not a Windows problem but a Lightroom issue that exist over a year now.

if anyone found a solution (because I do not think that Lightroom team will do anything as the time has shown ) I would appreciate a lot for not having to change planform to be able to do my job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

forgot to say that I have the latest full updated win 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link you gave here doesn't work as of 2/8/2020, but I'm having the same issue.  My Windows 10 PC is up-to-date as is my Adobe Photoshop.  That said, I'm working with an older model Wacom pen and tablet, beginner type.  It was working fine w/PS last week, but this morning, nil.  The pen is working in all other programs, so that's why I was puzzled as to why it won't work in PS.  I'm in college for Animation, so I really need to be able to used my Wacom pen with my PS to create higher details and so forth.  Hope you or someone here can help.   Thanks so much and hope you have a terrific day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you ever find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To fix Wacom tablets not working correctly in Photoshop: create a .txt file containing only “UseSystemStylus 0” (without the quotes) and name it “PSUserConfig” (without quotes).
Then place it in the following folder :

For Windows : C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015
\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings (Or select your Photoshop Version if it’s an other one).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The .txt file solution is still working now, November 2023. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines