• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

wacom pen pressure sensitivity not working on ps cc 2015.5.1 + windows 10

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In our studio we are having problems with the pen pressure sensitive not working anymore after an update to ps cc 2015.5.1 (on a windows 10 pc) last week. Been searching online for possible solutions but can't seem to find a working one. Tried everything from downgrading the wacom driver to updating the graphics card, because the issue seemed resolved after downgrading the wacom driver, but after setting the screen properties in the wacom driver things stopped working again. All the wacom properties are the same as always so that's not the problem.

Been reading other threads with similar problems, but they also don't provide a solution.

We've also installed an interns' computer last week with the same ps cc update, (on windows 8) and it works fine on that pc with that operating system.

So i'm wondering where things go wrong. Any suggestions of what to do?

Cheers,

Ludwin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A thought :

On the Wacom tablet properties do you have pen settings specifically set for Photoshop and if so have you rebuilt them for the latest version? It could be that Wacom is not applying them to what it may see as a new application. That includes "Use Windows Ink".

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no way at the moment, until Wacom will find solution to this bug for the latest version of Illustrator and Photosop ... some function does not work in Windows 10 at the moment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm Yes, all properties are rebuilt for photoshop, the thing that happens is that when we remap the wacom to map the screens it screws up and the pressure sensitivity stops working.

@giordano -ACP Italy, the weird thing is that the pressure sensitivity works in illustrator though. It's only borked in photoshop in combination with Windows 10. On another computer, that has windows 8 installed and the same cc 2015.5.1 it works like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to reinstall the wacom tablet with the CD that you have in your wacom box then get the last driver Drivers | Wacom .

Did you try all ready in this way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've tried all of the ways to install/de-install/re-install the wacom driver and also de-installing it and installing an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which tablet do you have? I researched this same issue yesterday for my Intuos 4 with WIndows 10 and discovered there are no drivers for the older products. The wacom utility will work, and some of the settings are recognized, but there is no pressure sensitivity in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an Intuos Pro. We've tried several tablets but all of them have the same issues. In the end we pulled out an old Bamboo, which worked... But yeah, that's a bamboo and not an intuos...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 here with Intuos Pro and Photoshop 2015.5.1 with no problems. I would be happy to check any setting screens in comparison to your own to see if we can spot the difference and get to the problem.

So some of the obvious ones :

Windows 10 is 64 bit and version (from winver) : Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.105)

Photoshop Version 2015.5.1

Photoshop Brush :

WACOM driver details from Control Panel - Device Manager

WACOM Control Panel Version

WACOM Tablet properties :

Pen

Mapping:

Windows Ink Settings (from Control Panel - Pen and Touch)

If there are any other settings I can check for you - please let me know

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, thanks for your feedback.

I have exactly the same Wacom driver.

I think the problem comes from the last Photoshop update (Adobe Photoshop Version: 2015.5.1 20160722.r.156 2016/07/22:23:00:00 CL 1083377  x64) or the graphic card Nvidia Quadro k4200 (v369.09) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also using exactly the same version of Photoshop (Adobe Photoshop Version: 2015.5.1 20160722.r.156 2016/07/22:23:00:00 CL 1083377  x64)

However we do differ with graphics cards (AMD Radion  HD7970)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with an Intuos 5 touch L (6.3.17-13)  / Photoshop cc 2015.5.1 / Windows 10.

No pressure available for any brushes.  Very annoying !

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It's very annoying! Thankfully my Windows machine is only used for workshops and presentations. If it was my main workstation I'd be in serious trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2016 Sep 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did an update of my graphic card, and no improvement.

I really think it is a Photoshop issue, because I tried to use it in an another Software (Mischief) and it' working perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to Wacom tablet properties and turn off the "double click distance"    and that solves it , only taken me 6 years to figure it out .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2016 Oct 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks MarmaladePips, but I tried and it's not working.

I hope to find a solution in less than 6 years. 😉

Here a video that helps : Wacom Tablet Driver Not Found/Pen Pressure Doesnt Work How to Fix Tutorial - YouTube 

Removing the preferences helped me. But the problem is coming back sometimes ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the Intuos 5 Touch for quite some time, running on a Mac Pro, now with  OS10.12.2 with no problems - until a few days ago! Suddenly the pen pressure stopped responding in ALL my editing apps: PS6, LR6; ON1 10.5; ON1 RAW; Luminar; HDR 2017. This is not just an Adobe issue.

I spent a few hours in a chat with a Wacom tech, and we tried all kinds of fixes, including manually deleting all tablet references from my drive, trying many different drivers (legacy, etc.) but nothing fixed the problem.

A check online revealed that this is nothing new. It has been going on for years. There are more posts on this issue than I could count. Not one solution found.

It seems to be a Wacom driver problem, which you'd think they would have solved by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I've had the same problem and tried everything below. It wouldn't work for PS CC15 or CC17.

This worked for me:

Went to: Wacom Tablet Preference File Utility. Remove all user preferences.

Obviously I had to redo my pen preferences, but thankfully I can now get back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED!!!

found a quick solution to bypass this problem on windows 10 HERE IS WHAT YOU DO

1. open notepad copy and paste the following text below:

# Use Wintab

UseSystemStylus 0

2. save that text file as : PSUserConfig on your desktop then select the file and copy it (ctrl c)

3. hit the windows key and type %appdata% then hit enter

4.navigate to the "Adobe" folder/Adobe Photoshop CC 20XX (whatever version you are currently using in my case 2018) then look for the folder Adobe Photoshop CC 20xx Settings and open it.

5.copy the text file you just made to that folder.
the result of this pretty much is that photoshop will completely ignore ink space and will instead use wintab which just works!!!

hope this helped you out happy editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!  Works great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank God for you my friend. May you find success forever in all of your endeavors, amen.  Oh, and this worked like a charm for me, and nothing else would.  THANNNNK YOU!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, I just had the same problem while working. This worked perfectly, thanks so much !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines