• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Tablet Assigned Express Keys Not Available in PS 2023

Participant ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently upgraded to PS 2023 and Wacom Driver 6.4.0-6 and I have assigned shortcuts to the Express Keys via System Preferences but these are not available when running PS 2023. I also upgraded to the latest LRC and the assigned keys here are working fine.

I have been in contact with Wacom and we have tried 3 or 4 ideas to fix this but so far unsuccessfully and we have run out of options!

Has anybody else seen these issues and found a solution?

Thanks, Brendan

Additional data

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.1 on a late 2015 iMac

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

I ended up fixing the issue.  First I updated photo shop version on 3/24/23, I removed any exisitng Wacum drivers by using Wacom utility.  I'm a mac user so Applications > Wacom Utility.  Click the lock to unlock it, then uninstall.  I returned to the Wacom drivers downloand made sure i was usign the corrct driver for my Wacom and reinstalled. Done it worked.  

I got the info from https://machow2.com/wacom-tablet-driver/

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up fixing the issue.  First I updated photo shop version on 3/24/23, I removed any exisitng Wacum drivers by using Wacom utility.  I'm a mac user so Applications > Wacom Utility.  Click the lock to unlock it, then uninstall.  I returned to the Wacom drivers downloand made sure i was usign the corrct driver for my Wacom and reinstalled. Done it worked.  

I got the info from https://machow2.com/wacom-tablet-driver/

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brett,

Great news to read. Thanks for letting us know. I am also on a Mac so I will do the same as you later today and up date this thread with my results. I am still using OS Monterey as my Mac is a little old and no longer updates to the new OS. Hopefully it will work anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know how you make out?  I'm sure others will find the same thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brett, I did this today. I deleted the WACOM app and re-installed. I lanched the settings and the strange thing was that my Express Keys had the commands I had set up before having the issue! I guess this info mustn't be deleted when you remove the app, I wonder where that is stored? Anyway so far so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I had to reprogram my keys which was needed anyway. Not sure if thr original key configuration is store in the "Wacom" folders or inanseperate location. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks It worked! I just mustn't' import my settings otherwise i didn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi to all,

This fixed my problem too. I have been using it for the last 5 o 6 days and so far seems to have resolved the issue. I had previously tried deleting and re-installing and it hadn't worked but this time round it fixed the issue. Brett, thanks for updating us on this!! Makes my workflow a lot easy. Regards - Brendan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same problem with the express keys. I'm using OS Monterey, PS 2023 24.4.1 and a intuos pro (express keys worked previously with my intuos 4 and the same OS/PS setup). I already tried deleting and reinstalling. What worked for you this time? Did you delete com.apple.systempreferences.plist (per the instructions in the link). I was afraid to do that as I don't know if it affects other preferences besides just wacom. Anyone who managed to fix this, please chime in. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 17, 2024 May 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Beth,

I found that just reprogramming the keys from scratch seemed to fix the problem, I did down load the latest driver first from WACOM though. I didn't fiddle with com.apple.systempreferences.plist as that's above my tech skills. However since I reported the issue about a year ago my old iMac gave up the ghost  (it was 12 years old so I guess it was bound to happen at some point) and so I had to upgrade to a new Mac with Apple silicon chips (M2). Right now I'm running Sonoma and PS 2024 and everything is working fine. I hope  this helps!

Regards, Brendan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines