• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Tablet Assigned Express Keys Not Available in PS 2023

Participant ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently upgraded to PS 2023 and Wacom Driver 6.4.0-6 and I have assigned shortcuts to the Express Keys via System Preferences but these are not available when running PS 2023. I also upgraded to the latest LRC and the assigned keys here are working fine.

I have been in contact with Wacom and we have tried 3 or 4 ideas to fix this but so far unsuccessfully and we have run out of options!

Has anybody else seen these issues and found a solution?

Thanks, Brendan

Additional data

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.1 on a late 2015 iMac

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

I ended up fixing the issue.  First I updated photo shop version on 3/24/23, I removed any exisitng Wacum drivers by using Wacom utility.  I'm a mac user so Applications > Wacom Utility.  Click the lock to unlock it, then uninstall.  I returned to the Wacom drivers downloand made sure i was usign the corrct driver for my Wacom and reinstalled. Done it worked.  

I got the info from https://machow2.com/wacom-tablet-driver/

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to my first post on this.....

I have just tried using the previous version of the Wacom tablet driver (6.3.46-2) and this has fixed the issue for now.

Brendan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back again... actually the fix I reported yesterday lasted less than 24 hours. So if anybody has any other fixes please can you help. 

Thanks

Brendan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, could the express-keys be software version linked (I.E. they would be linked to Ps 2022, not Ps 2023? ) This is a wild guess...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if Wacom Preferences is looking at the previous version of Photoshop? 

I don't know how to edit the target file path, so you might need to delete and add it again

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem. I deleted the file path and added it again. It still doesn't work. I had this problem already with PS 22. Could you solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom

I have not been able to fix this yet. I did not notice too many issues with PS22  - occasionally I needed to reload via the backup - but definately not working with PS23. I have installed the previous version of wacom drive and I thought I'd fixed it but It turned out not to have worked. I have not tried to re-install PS22. I was wondering if its an OS issue. My Mac is a bit old and does not support the latest OS so I'm stuck on OS Monterrey.

Has anyone seen these issues with the OS Ventura?

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reached a stopping point of figuring this out. Uninstalled intuous pressure sensitive pad, re-installed. M1 macbook pro, restarted and re-programmed all of my keystrokes and modifiers. I've updated PS 23, and restarted the macbook pro.  Detached the wacom tablet, and re-started my computer, and yet still have no use of my express keys and Ive setup my wheel on my wacom pad as the zoom control, which no longer works! Ive reached the end of my patience.  What products should I order to replace this wacky tablet! I am beyond frustrated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I share your pain. Its really fustratrating and I have not found how to fix this yet either. I'll keep at it but its doesn't seem reasonable to me that we need to purchase new hardware because of software update.

If I find a solution I'll be sure to post it here.

Brendan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into the same issue: the Express keys that Photoshop 23 seems to use are the ones assigned to All Applications. Photoshop 23 ia not able to recognize/use the Express Keys specifically assigned for it within Wacom Tablet Preferences. Any help to fix this would be appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case it helps to anyone, I reinstalled an older driver, and now everything seems to be working. I'm running:

macOS Monterey version 12.6.1

Photoshop 2023 Release 24.0.1

Intuos driver 6.4.0-6 (Current is 6.4.0-9)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for this important information. Did you report it to Wacom/their forums ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have emailed them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly same problem but with Windows 11 and Photoshop 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@juke99 did you try the older driver, as hinted by @Sergio Lopez-Pineiro 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Juke99,

I guess this this something that Adobe will have to fix as I have not been able to fix it myself and I have come to the limit of things I can competenty do without risking messing up something else!! I hope they can sort it soon in an update to the PS software.

Regards, Brendan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm not sure if this just works for me but I thought I'd post it in hopes it helps someone else.  I'm using the Intuos Pro/Win 11/PS 2023 and the express keys don't work after starting photoshop.  However, with Photoshop open, I unplug the USB-C connection from tablet and then plug it right back in and voila, it works.  I've done this three seperate times and it's worked each time.  Hope this helps...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No this doesn't work with my setup (macOS Monterey 12.6.3 and PS23) so I'm still not able to use the express keys. It's annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Didn't work for me either using the same set up (OS and PS). It's shame. I was really hoping B_Jacobson had found a fix. Doesn't seem either Adobe or Wacom!

Regards, Brendan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I came across this thread. Months of this now for myself too and Wacom happy to help but can't as you say offer solutions. Thought I was going mad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mr J R5FE9 , Me too!  I've installing and uninstalling all day, after a computer upgrade this past weekend.  I guess I'll try that driver rollback trick mentioned earlier in the thread, and hope it works in Win 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck with that, I hope you have more joy then I have had with my iOS/PS/Wacom set up. If you do fix it please drop another note in the thread.....

Thanks, Brendan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone have any luck getting this resolved?  The command Keystroke issue just happened to me and i sucks.  I'm using a Mac.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brett

So far no luck! And its very annoying. There have been a couple of upgrades in both iOS (although limited for me as my Mac is no longer compatible with the latest version so I'm still using Monterey!) and Adobe photoshop. I don't know if there has been an upgrade of the wacom software but nothing seems fixed so far, at least not by default. I'm going to load the keystrokes again manually and see how that goes. If it fixes anything i'll definately post it here.

Regards. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bizzare.  I was working on a photo and it worked one day and didn't the next.  I wonder if Wacom has any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines