• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Way to ensure Automate understands eraser + polygonal lasso + fill?

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2023 Sep 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious, is there a way to make it so, automate will pick up on an eraser action within a completed polygonal lasso object, and then fill that portion? As it stands right now, the portions I want to remove>fill are just filled, usually creating a darker contrast than their oiginal counterpart, rather than removing the former selection (background).

Here's a few steps of the process:

How to Force Fill.png

Here's an example:

Manual vs. Automate Fill Selection.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

In actions, all hand controled commands are not supported but you still use the other available tools and commands like layer mask or smart object.
Working with Smart Object technique will prevent applying the same steps or masks every time. You'll just replace the image while keeping the mask and its brushes or drawings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In actions, all hand controled commands are not supported but you still use the other available tools and commands like layer mask or smart object.
Working with Smart Object technique will prevent applying the same steps or masks every time. You'll just replace the image while keeping the mask and its brushes or drawings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @Omar.Fathy for clearing that up! I would like to disclose however, in my case, I just duplicated three different selections, had them all cut instead of erase, and then fill each respective "hole", I know that's more destructive, but the process I had in action doesn't require the selections to be maintained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines