• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Way to turn off the new double click to edit text

Engaged ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there going to be a way to disable this new feature of double clicking to edit text? Sometimes when I'm moving things around I'll accidentally double click and then it will start editing the text versus moving it. I'd rather have a way to turn this off in preferences so it works like it did before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dabatross,

As of now there is no way to turn this feature off, I would request you to suggest it as a feature request here: Feature Request/Bug Report Form  so that our engineering team can look into it for future releases.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one is frustrating indeed ... i love to use my shortcuts on the keyboard, moving things around in PS, now i'm forced to wait a split second to click again, this new feature is just making us work slower 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kukurykus,

Just installed Photoshop 2020 and the "OnCanvasClickToCommit 0" in the PSUserConfig.txt does not disable double click to edit text. It does disable Click to Commit – which is nice.

Do you know how to disable double click to edit text in 2020. It's been driving my team crazy for a year now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree. As a Photoshop user of 10 years, this is absolutely horrible. It's added SO much time to my workflow, and doesn't allow me to get into a groove.

I'm concerned about your product team, Adobe. This is really really good for new users... but it seems that you don't have beta testers or a proper product owner making logical decisions to get this done.

And, there has to be some way to edit this... some txt file or something? To add features but not allow editability (i.e. turning on or off) is silly. Please make a preferences option for all of these situations... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree... slowing me down!  Us "production artists/designers".  I gave a shot for a couple of days to see if I can adjust but it literally of the 1 or 2 second lag is costing me time.  I estimate it is cost me 30 seconds of wasted time per AD I design and I design about 40 [cursing removed] ads a day in PS so that means it costing me 20 minutes in lost production (x5 days = 1.67 hours) time compared to 2018 CC.  Should I send a bill for $100/hr to Adobe for the lost time?  SO, for that reason alone I'm downgrading until they fix this issue and some of the other hideous bugs I've found.  The other one is the I had to disable "Use Graphic Processor" to even get the text editor box, cursor, and text highlighting functions to even work.  We're not your beta testers, Adobe!  We're designers with jobs that have to grind out tons of material per day.  Do your jobs better and DELIVER the goods. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sometimes dont understand what and why are they doing edits to already really good UX...this doble click to text layer is realy anoying. My opinion is, that cc2019 is the worst working environment update ever was...please dot spend time with development of unnecessary modifications of the established system..is like Apple is going the really bad way for last couple of years..yes the director is missing! SO PLEASE PUT ALL YOUR DEVELPOMENt INTO ADOBE FOR LINUX - this is the future, MacOS is going to die! I am only disappointed that since 1994, when Mac would be a professional instrument, today is one of the game console for kids and hopes for digital music that has nothing to do with a real helper. With regard to Linux, the more I have, slowly installing it everywhere (although I have been a staunch Mac user since 94) and really miss the Adobe collection just to get the world back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WORKAROUND
[ For Selecting and Moving Text without accidentally editing ]
Press hold cmd key (do not release it) then click on the text then drag to move (without releasing the cmd key).

I (also the majority of us, I think)  used to cmd+click (then releasing the pressed cmd) to select it first then we click it again to move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this issue as well, it's maddening. Absolutely blows my mind some of the changes this app has made in the past several years, many of those times not making these changes a preference option to disable. Before long I am going to switch to Affinity Photo full time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kukurykus - that solution does not work. Double-click to edit text is still active. Adobe needs to add a preference to turn this off.

I personally don't mind the click to commit, but the double click to edit is pretty frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was annoying me for a while but the fix seems to be really easy. You don't actually have to "double click" to move things. If you (CTRL + Left Click) to select the layer you want but instead of letting go of the mouse button and clicking again to move the layer, just hold the left mouse button down without releasing it, from there you just simply move it where you want it to go. 

Another work around is (Alt + Right Click) to select layers then Left Mouse Button to move the layer. I prefer the first way simply because I'm used to selecting layers with my LMB instead of RMB but both are probably equally as efficient. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the worst feature... honestly.... JUST KILLS MY WORKFLOW. But... alas, this is Adobe... so don't expect this to be listened to any time soon.... as a photoshop user of... (clears throat) 30 years.... I've learned that Adobe does what Adobe does...and rarely listens to what we have to say. Focus groups yes... pro users... not-a-so-much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a workaround... just wait a beat before clicking to move... it's a "double-click" thing...so if you select it (this acts as a click) - then select to move... this is the second click...wait a beat and it works fine... just have to adjust your cadence when doing that particular move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use text on images a great deal and I love the double-click to edit. So...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines