Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird Vibrance

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a weird issue with Vibrance adjustment. i want to creat a Vibrance adj and do "lower saturation and higher vibrance" . But No matter what i do, it add so much brightness to the photo and looks over saturated! it does nothing till 20 or -20 but more than 20 or -20 suddenly ruins the photo with brightness and saturaion!!!

Please let me know whats the problem.

Best

K

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the blend mode of the Vibrance layer? 
It might help to see a screen shot like below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its on Normal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vibrance was originally for raw images and behaves differently on raw vs. rendered images. Results are very much image dependent.

Rather than use the vibrance adjustment layer, perhaps try using the ACR filter and it’s vibrance tool with a smart object (not sure if this would give the same results or not).

There are many other ways to boost “vibrance” without overly saturating the image, however they are “more complex” but they can be recorded into an action or script or extension etc.

P.S. You could always reduce the opacity of the adjustment layer and or change blend to color mode, introduce “saturation masks” etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines