What are the alternative applications available to create lighting effects?

Participant ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize Adobe is getting rid of their 3D and lighting effects as they move to a new engine.

I'd like to get ahead of this and find out which alternative applications I can use to create lighting effects and 3D now. Which of the Substance applications would be best for creating lighting effects? Can I buy just one of the Substance applications (they price all of them at $50/month!).

What other Photohshop alternative applications include lighting effects (this is what I need the most)?

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lighting Effects for doing what? Do you need 3D? If so, use Blender.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to be able to add directional light to my Photoshop files just as I've been able to do with Photoshop's filter: Render-->Lighting Effects

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines