• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happens if you open photoshop without paying/having a trial?

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title. My photoshop crashes when I open it after about 7 reinstalls and I am wondering if it is because I have no trial/have not payed or because it is broken for me;

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

What operating system are you running?

Reinstalling will not matter if you have used your 7 day free trial and have not paid, it will not run.

You should receive a popup window "subscribe/trial expired" and it will force close Photoshop. That window pops up from a separate Adobe CC application manager, not Photoshop.

If you are not getting this, you may need to cleanly uninstall and reinstall.

Start by using the uninstall link in the applications folder, then running this cleanup tool.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because it is broken for you. If your trial runs out, it says so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I had it uninstalled when the trial ended. Same thing or no? And photoshop says "open", not "buy". Should it be doing that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It validates your account on startup. It won't matter if you have uninstalled/reinstalled. Your trial has expired and the CC manager will ask you to login with a valid paid ID or to subscribe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was never asked that. I am confused now, should I reinstall the whole creative cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you running?

Reinstalling will not matter if you have used your 7 day free trial and have not paid, it will not run.

You should receive a popup window "subscribe/trial expired" and it will force close Photoshop. That window pops up from a separate Adobe CC application manager, not Photoshop.

If you are not getting this, you may need to cleanly uninstall and reinstall.

Start by using the uninstall link in the applications folder, then running this cleanup tool.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Then reinstall from Adobe.com and see if you get the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, lightroom is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gonna do this. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it crashes immediately, something else is wrong. It has just not yet arrived at the time to ask you to buy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines