• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the best product for Web Banners

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new here , wish to ask you all what is the best adobe product to create Web Banners Animated and Static

need to create 728x90 and 468x60

appreciate any help.

Thanks

Louie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Just to be perfectly clear, how will these images be used exactly?  For example, are these going to be Google Ads or are you just placing them on your web site? 

For statcic JPG or PNG (raster images), Photoshop is my tool of choice.

For a simple animated GIF, use Photoshop and Export > Save for Web (Legacy).

For scalable vector graphics (shapes, icons, text, line art), use Illustrator and export to SVG.

For complex web animations, look at Animate CC (formerly Flash Pro), but be very careful abou

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be perfectly clear, how will these images be used exactly?  For example, are these going to be Google Ads or are you just placing them on your web site? 

For statcic JPG or PNG (raster images), Photoshop is my tool of choice.

For a simple animated GIF, use Photoshop and Export > Save for Web (Legacy).

For scalable vector graphics (shapes, icons, text, line art), use Illustrator and export to SVG.

For complex web animations, look at Animate CC (formerly Flash Pro), but be very careful about file size as these can be awfully heavy.  Do not  export to Flash (SWF) because Flash is a dead web technology.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Louie,

I just read your other discussion in the Lounge.  And since you're keen on making animated banners, let me give you a link to a Photoshop tutorial.    It's actually very simple.  Much easier than Animate CC.

How to make an animated GIF in Photoshop

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most people in this forum are going to say Photoshop.  I certainly can't think of anything better.  The advantage Photoshop has over things like painting applications, is that it can be very precise with positioning.  In the little contest we had to design the banner for this forum, we were able take the text overlays into account by placing Guides.  Indeed, wee can make a template for things that might be used multiple times, like a FaceBook banner, or we could save a Guide layout.  We can take blend modes into account so we know how it will look when placed over other graphics.

It's Photoshop in its element doing what it does best.

[EDIT] Louie, fyi Nancy does this stuff for a living, and is pretty good at, so give her answer maximum weight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might find this video tutorial helpful Web Motion for Beginners: Create an Animated Banner Ad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think for a more complex  animated you can  use Animate CC, will be much better,  but  in the 3d canvas. For more smooth animation you can use GSAP, also known us Greensock. Here ( https://www.adsspirit.com/  )you can see  some ex for both type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a brilliant tutorial for creating web banners using Adobe Animate:

https://www.bringyourownlaptop.com/courses/make-html5-banner-ads-in-adobe-animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines