• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the Image P3 color space in Photoshop meant for?

Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it have anything to do with DCI-P3, or Display P3?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mysterious that ImageP3 - its not installed on my Mac despite many installed Adobe apps 

Conrad C's post & linked article above gives a fair bit of info.

It would help to know specifically why you are asking?

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: Co-Author:Getting Colour Right
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Giving conrad C's post and article another read I understand the difference better, was trying to "see it" in calibrating a middle of the road monitor (trying to make due with it for the moment and it has both profiles listed) to use with the new MBP 16". For some light Illustrator work and getting back into Photoshop (non professionally). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that the M1 MBP? With major changes to the System preferences / displays / color dialog?

https://www.macrumors.com/2021/10/28/how-to-custom-calibrate-macbook-pro-xdr-display/

neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: Co-Author:Getting Colour Right
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the M1 MBP 16". The display out of the box is phenomenal and I use the iPad Pro as a second (small) monitor also. 

I just needed some additional affroadable screen realestate (for doc references and light ai dieline work) until a prosumer/consumer XDR display is available. I understand an LG QHD Ultrawide is no where near a 4K option and the Pro XDR display but trying to dial the color/clarity in as best as possible. 

Thanks for this link re the MBP calibration, very interesting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines