• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What tool would you use?

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2024 Jul 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've attempted to remove the transparent circles on this image but nothing works well. The problem is that the detail inside the circles needs to be preserved. What is the best tool/method to get rid of them?

Thanks for any help.T 330 on Down goods, Sunbury overbridge, TE. 1 June 1978.jpg

TOPICS
macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,gunzelguy
I'd recommend using Photoshop's Content-Aware Fill or the Clone Stamp Tool to carefully preserve the details inside the circles. Let me know if you need a detailed guide!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried the clone tool, it gets rid os everything, I need to preserve the detail inside the circles. But I'll take up your offer of a detailed guide, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that completing a task using just one tool or technique may not be feasible. One option to consider is Generative Fill, which is a good starting point. To achieve excellent results, investing time is crucial. The image used for generation remains unaltered, but you can experiment with adjusting image before running the Generative Fill or modifying the mask. Combining both approaches, along with additional fine-tuning, is likely to yield the best outcome.

gen fill train.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your changes are similar to what I got. All of the detail inside the circles is gone. See the big letter F in the lower circle. I want to get rid of the circles without destroying what's inside them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You want original details without circles, thats not very difficult but you
need to adjust area inside circles to match surrounding. Doable but
chalenge and for more experienced users. Start using Clone Stamp or Spot
Healing brush to remove white part of circle on separate layer. Mask
affected area and try using Curves, for example, to adjust tonality. Trial
and error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines