• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I move an artboard in place, it moves the background of the other artboards together

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a horizontal gradient background on artboard 1
I copied artboard 1 to new art on artboard 2
When moving any artboard up or down, the gradient background of all artboards stays still, and the effect changes.
It's like the background is the same for everyone.
I don't know how it happened.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a video to explain better. It's as if the background is the same for all artboards. I thought that all layers were individual and isolated from the rest, and that one artboard should not influence the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to say that I have a geometry pathfinder over there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If moving an Arboard changes the Canvas certain effects on Gradient Layers can occurr. 

Please try converting Gradient Layers to Smart Objects before changing the position of the Artboard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's a bug.

Because by doing this, the layer gains the size of all artboards, and even then it continues to interfere with the others when moving.

The first artboard doesn't change when doing this, but the second one does. When converting to smart object it looks different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshots to illustrate what you are taking about. 

Does the Gradient Layer have a vector mask or a pixel mask? 

What are its Gradient settings? 

How does the gradient Layer change when converted to a Smart Object? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here. Sorry
I clicked on "Convert to Smart Object"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fail to notice the change, please post screenshots of before and after converting to SO. 

If the elements are intended to appear identical in multipüle Artboards I would recommend working with SOs right away, so that Canvas Size and Artboard positions will not have an effect on Gradient Layers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How made this now? After my art is ready?
See, in botton gradient effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work. Even converting to smart object, one by one, when moving one artboard, it changes the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No use to you now, but I am afraid you should start with the Smart Object right with the first Artboard. 

I don’t have time to check now how it works exactly, but it seems the conversion does not reference tha total Canvas but Artboard dimensions (in some way at least). 

Sorry … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chuyên cung cấp tất cả các đồ chơi phân khối lớn. Đặc biệt Kingmoto chuyên cung cấp sản phẩn chính hãng - chất lượng - uy tín... truy cập: http://kingmotor29.com/

http://sneaker24h.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not solved. Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a horizontal gradient background on artboard 1
I copied artboard 1 to new art on artboard 2 to make retail boxes.
When moving any artboard up or down, the gradient background of all artboards stays still, and the effect changes.
It's like the background is the same for everyone.
I don't know how it happened.

By @JHONI24453254pc00

Face same issue while making retail boxes for a client. Gradiant not fit and back to background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Depois de tentar várias coisas, isso resolveu pra mim.
1.Create a new black layer with Screen blending mode
2.Apply your gradient with Normal blending mode.

grad_overlay.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines