Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When i put image into photoshop, the quality is horrible

New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've tried to figure it out myself, but I don't know what to do. I'm trying to make 300x600 banner size, but when i put image i want into that file, the quality is horrible.

Checkout the image in full resolution and check it in my PS..

Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are zoomed in at 380+%. What does the image look like at 100%? 300x600 is small not a banner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still looks bad, the image is 4k, when i create like A4 file the image is ok, but in this one 300x600 it's pixelated like this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again - 300x600 is small in size not 4K. You need to understand pixel dimensions with screen graphics. What deos the image size window show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin asked, "What does the image look like at 100%?" Can you try that?

janee_0-1684356490862.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pasting a high-resolution image into a 600 x 300px box creates a tiny, low-resolution image.  That's why it looks pixelated.

1. Hold Ctrl + Alt + 0 (zero) to revert to 100% magnification.

2. Go to File > Place Embedded.  This inserts original as a Smart Object.

3. Resize as needed and hit Enter key.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it look little bit better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really use Adobe Stock, but it seems likely that they will have higher resolution versions of those images. Perhaps at a higher cost.  Is this banner for a website, or printed page? If the latter, how big? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked, Trevor. The Adobe Stock image is 5186 x 3457 and Dominick is squishing it down to 300 x 600.

janee_0-1684364293371.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be for a website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Dominik28728665on50,

300 x 600 might work on xx-small mobile devices but it will look like a postage stamp on most other displays, especially 4K & 5K monitors that can hold many thousands of pixels.

These days, web developers need multiple sized images to fit on various sized devices  -- xx-small to jumbotron and all points in between.  Read about designing responsive web images with <picture> element and the SRCSET attribute below.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/HTML/Multimedia_and_embedding/Responsive_images 

Or if you use percentage widths, use an image width in pixels that fits your major target audience's screen size.  Percentage widths scale images down to fit smaller screens but contain enough pixels for larger ones.

https://www.w3schools.com/css/tryit.asp?filename=trycss_dim_height_percent

Best of luck with your project.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines