• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are the PS skies located on my PC . Default location?

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the PS skies located on my PC . Default location? Sky replacement tool says it can't find any of the skies. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. When I update PS, all my skies always go away and I have to re-upload them from the folder I keep them in. Problem this time is I had a folder called "My Skies" that were skies I had taken myself. With the last update it erased all the skies in the Sky Replacement tool under Edit. I cannot find those images now because I deleted them from my computer. I went to the file location listed below but all that is in that folder is the default PS skies. Not sure where my custom ones went.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Custom folders and files are not removed during an upgrade, only defaults. If I go into my Mac Application Support directory and look for Photoshop 2021 (for example), my custom patterns are still there, they are not erased with the default patterns. So  unless you deleted the Photoshop 2021 folder they should still be there. So basically check the old folder for "My Skies".  Some folders are hidden by default to protect new users. I know how to unhide them in my Mac, but if you are running Windows, other Windows users can help you there.

Another idea would  to check your backup files if you use system backup software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines