• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can you get a Photoshop CS 5.5 Serial Key?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there any place out there where you can get a working ps cs 5.5 serial key? 

i have a retail version of 5.5 with cd and serial key but apparently my activation limit (2 machines)

is used even tho i have just one active installation. i cant deactivate the other "active" install anymore

because the hardware is not even existing anymore. i spoke with the custom support but they claim that they cant deactivate it anymore which is more a they dont want to since when you can see how many are activated you should have no issue to deactivate it.

so i need a new serial key since i want to install it on a new second pc while i still keep my current activation on my notebook/laptop.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2024 Jun 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may not be a solution for this.

You can try calling support and asking to speak to a manager.

You can try the download links at https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs5-5-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but are these not trials which need a serial key too? or does it not expire so that you can use it without a timed restriction?

i have the original files, on a retail cd and its already installed on the new pc so that part of getting it is not the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel sure that Barbara is correct, and that there is no legitimate way to activate any of the pre-Creative Cloud versions now, but there is no comparison with Photoshop CS5 and V25.9.  What you need to consider is that Photoshop is not the only photo-manipulation app to have improved by orders of magnitude, and that includes the free ones.   I would far rather use Krita than CS5, for instance.  It even has Generative Ai now, and is still free.   I am reluctant to get myself into trouble by giving you a link, but it will take 10 seconds to find it yourself. 

That's just one example.  Google is your friend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But to be real CS5 till today offers everything i need. This in itself is most likely the reason they switched to this new monthly pay Version because to many people just stuck to a Version they bought without the need to upgrade.

I know other Software exist and Krita doesnt allow me to do what i do in Cs5, i use both but i see how that might be the case for someone who would have to decide now and isnt used to use said software for ages. I consider to switch to Affinity Photo when i dont manage to solve my issue. It seems to be very close in terms of functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot buy a Serial key from Adobe for 'end of life' apps.

You cannot transfer a serial Key from another user for 'end of life' apps.

CS5 is basically 'dead'.

With Affinity you buy a full licence and then buy upgrades as they appear (annually?), or  subscribe to the Adobe Photography Plan 20GB with Adobe for monthly fees and perpetual free upgrades. @ BUY PHOTOGRAPHY PLANS 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.9.1, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.1, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen some people who sell theire Retail Versions on Ebay and co and since they have Legit Keys i would guess that would be a option? Issue there is that they ask for way to much money so i hoped there are places where you might be able to get legit keys for a decent price.

Since activation in itself seem to still work the only issue i might encounter when i go the second hand route is that these people didnt deactivated theire keys and i encounter the same issue i have now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legitimate CS5 serial numbers have not been available for twelve years. All serials once issued are long exhausted and no new ones issued since 2012 when CS6 replaced it.

And just to get it out of the way: The serial number is what you paid for. Even if you could "get a new serial number", that's a new license and a new full payment.

Anything you might stumble across now is illegal and pirated. That's not a likelihood, that's a dead certainty.

As for subscription vs perpetual licenses, it has doubled or tripled their user base since it was introduced. Clearly, people liked the idea of not having to spend a fortune in one go, but could spread it out and put it in a budget. It also killed the piracy market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it doesnt have to be new. It just needs to be deactivated so that i can use it. Would i have done so i still could use my key on the new pc. In theory i could deactivate my Key on the Notebook and use the free slot then on my PC but i want to have it run on both machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear ya, I still have my original CS5 disks and have been using it for over a decade. I don't have an extra key left to offer you sadly, but fwiw I suspect the infrastructure to manage keys might not even exist anymore. If I go to help>registration and try to sign in with my adobe account, I only get an error. I even had to change my password because the software thinks that a password of more than 12 characters is invalid. I'll keep using it for as long as I can, because it's what I'm used to, but some day soon I'll be in the same position as you, and I'll plan to look into the free alternatives like some other users mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

its the same key, you can use it on two devices but i would keep it for yourself unless you dont want to continue to use it. i still can use it on my notebook since i havent updated anything there in term of os etc but with a new pc i wanted to use it there too.  installed it on the new pc from the cd which worked without any issue and i could enter my serial which got accepted too but i got the message that i exceeded the activation limit and that i have to deactivate it on one device. so they accept the serial key, they are able to tell how many times you use it but they refuse to help you by deactivating one of the installations or set the counter back. alternatives dont have to be free, the affinity products cost now 25 bucks in sale for a one time purchase, clip studio paint is on sale too frequently for around the same amount of money.  i am glad for you that you could change your pw and keep in mind to deactivate it when you have more then one instance installed before you try to move on with it.

its a shame that the biggest company of em all has to handle things this way while trying to sell you a subscription model while you ask them for help...its like..yeah..you dont want to help me, you want to squeeze more money out of me. no thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines