• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where did my hex codes go in Photoshop?

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened Photoshop today (Macbook Pro 10.14.6/Adobe CC, current) and my hex code box was just gone. I looked at every view, and they're not included. It appears I have to click on the hamburger menu and copy the hex codes or double click on the swatch. But there's nowhere to input them. Please tell me this is a glitch. I copy hex codes all day long. Disappointed to lose this quick feature. Can anyone explain the reasoning behind it? 

Screen Shot 2020-05-06 at 11.45.30 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Use web color sliders.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that the Hex Code window in Photoshop is missing. 

Are you working with a 32 bit color picker? If so, change to 8 bit or 16 bit mode for the normal picker.

It happened with me once and it was set 32 bit/channel accidentally. After I switched to 8 bit/channel, the Hex code fields appeared.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This answer helped me. My color picker lost the hex code input- turns out I was in 32 bit mode. Going to Image > Mode > 16 Bits/Channel brought back the hex input for me. Thank you, 4 years later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use web color sliders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This now requires 3 fields to be input, instead of the old single field where you could just paste a complete code.

Cumulatively this wastes a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i.e. pasting an entire hex code only works in foreground color picker: not in the RGB / web color sliders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines