• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is Elliptical Marquee Tool in 20.0.3?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can longer access the alternates for the Marquee Tool (M) in version 20.0.3 and I can't find any documentation about this change.

• There is no triangle in the lower right corner of the tool button indicating alternates
  • Pressing M does not toggle the Elliptical Marquee as in previous versions
  • I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it to see if there was a problem with my installation — no change

Is this a bug or a UI change?

Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 9.45.46 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi

What option have you selected from here

Also check Edit > Toolbar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What option have you selected from here

Also check Edit > Toolbar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I had the workspace set to "Graphic and Web" which eliminates the Elliptical Marquee Tool option. Changing to "Essentials" brought it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg,

Ged's answer is best as a permanent solution. Another thing you might find helpful is using the search button in the upper right:

Here I set it to "Photoshop" and started to type "marquee". Clicking on the tool name will take you to the tool, even if it is hidden.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, Jane! I was using the (unhelpful) help menu and overlooked the search feature in the upper right corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its a good way to extend the toolbar and eliminate tools you don't use. Like I do not use tools like Artboards, Frame, slice and other tools I want quicker access to switch to them so I add their icons into the tool bars. Like I not good at switching Pen function with modifier keys so I brake out pen tools selecting.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines