• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where's the old shapes gone from Photoshop, arrows, icons etc, now we have boats, really

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where's the old shapes gone from Photoshop, arrows, icons etc, things we've been using snice the start of photoshop,  Now we have boats, really? who signed that off give us back the arrows signs etc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Go to menu Window > Shapes then click at the top right of the panel that opens and in the drop down menu choose "Legacy Shapes and More"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search found the tool. Still not on menu. Thx.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ vishnubai71

which version of Photoshop are you using?

Please go to Help > System Info and press Copy then paste the info here

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.5 20190605.r.83 2019/06/05: 1206907 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows > Shapes only appears in v21 and v22.

In v20 use Edit > Presets >Preset manager

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL! Blew my mind with them boats too! lol! Arrows are useful, just very curious what the boats and those new stuffs are for? What's the use-case? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they are cheep and kids can use them to make quick pics in school

I've also been know to cut them up when I'm making 3D objects in Photoshop but would assume kids are the target Adobe aimed at

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously?

£24/month for wasting 20 mins of my time to find a tiny arrow?

Boats and trees?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Helped A lot. I need to update some shirts on my [self-promotion deleted by moderator] store, and I couldn't find the arrows!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are Adobe actively trying to be annoying?  I just can't believe some of the pointless stuff they do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not completely sure I am not duplicating existing information in this thread, but Photoshop Shapes has changed since this thread was first created in 2019.  The way I win back the functionality of the old system is to add Legacy Shapes and More to thew new Shapes panel (which is not the same as the drop down in the Options bar when the Custom Shape tool is selected) and have the Search Bar enabled.  That way you can find what you are looking for without struggling through the nested groups.  The only issue is that you do need to know the naming system Adobe use.  e.g. if I want 'speech bubbles I have to remember they are called 'Talk' bubbles.

image.png

The same thing applies to things like presets and even tools.  With hundreds of presets (there are more than ten trazillion presets in the Kyle Webster Megapack alone!).  Use the search window or Discover to make your life easier.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I see this, and I added Legacy Shapes but I'll be damed how to get the arrow on my line tool it doesn't show anywhere!

All I get is the stupid Tree!

Can you point me in the right direction?

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are looking for arrowheads for the Line tool, these are controlled via the cogwheel menu in the Line tool options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@markm37797317 

In addition @Semaphoric 's comment about the gear menu, what mode are you using for the Line tool? You can't add an arrowhead to a Path, for instance.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! This worked and now I can see all the shapes that I had before the updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now 2022 and this conversation has a lot of hints as to how to access arrows but i literally cannot find them. I do see that icon that says "legacy shapes"which opens to "legacy default shapes" which opens to "arrows" but NOTHING is in any of the folders. I've also searched through old films (i've been using adobe photoshop for years but none of the past versions will open. I can see folders that say "shapes" but they're all empty.

[removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have played around with the line tool trying to get arrows etc, to the point of nauseum. Who has the time to research, post and hack away trying to figure these things out. Getting paid by the hour people!!! Not for diagnostics. At fifty something a month I near clear answer, or maybe a phone conversation!

[removed] 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@markm37797317 

Mark, can you see if this helps you to understand the line tool and how to get the arrows?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/line-tool.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane,

Thank you for the quick response. I don't see the Path Options tool on my Photoshop or the gear that they refer to. What am I mssing? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That isn't a separate tool; it refers to the Options for the Line tool, right below the menu bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a mess ...
As many others I ahve been trying to get an arrows - And of course 
clicked  3 times "append default shapes " 
- maybe I'm an idiot but how do i remove three duplicates of flowers , wild animals 

and other great stuff yjay i will bnever use and   now have three of. 
But wait - maybe I could use lion instead of an arrow ? 
Anubody ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jann Lipka wrote:

how do i remove three duplicates of flowers , wild animals 

Hi Jann,

Go to to Window menu > Shapes (not options bar). Use the panel menu to manage your shapes, i.e., delete duplicates, add "legacy shapes and more", et cetera.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks - indeed - it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @Jann Lipka . I'm glad it's working for you now 😊

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines